Wednesday 17 June 2009

Rosie Dee's challenge

My third card today is for this weeks Rosie Dee's challenge which I have to confess I missed last week what with all that was going on, so sorry girls I know how hard you are working to get your challenge moving forward. The girls have a DT call and a wonderful theme this week of Turquoise and Chocolate which really is one of my favourite combinations and strangely enough I had done a card in those colours yesterday morning before I checked in with them.

I was itching to use my new Magenta CSEC29 set again and stamped the same image four times using Tim Holz broken china and brushed corduroy, distressing the edges with the same colours. I then inked each section with versamark and embossed with detail clear to give the squares a nice gloss finish. The diamonds down the side are Hero G3316 stamped off a couple of times to give a weathered effect, again using brushed corduroy. The little butterfly in the centre comes from a punch which I think is XCut, punched twice from vellum which I coloured very lightly with the blue ink and layered adding wire antenna. The ribbon on the side is some I've had for ages which fitted in just right.

17 comments:

Liza said...

Stunning card Brenda, I love the stamp and your butterfly embellishment.

Liza x

Deanne said...

hi brenda this is a lovely card and i love that stamp :) thanks for joining in with us and good luck for the DT x

coldwaters2 said...

Oooo this is lovely I like those images and your layout the colours do work so well together I have done a couple in this colour combo this week. Thanks for the link Brenda I will add it to my list and have ago next week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card Brenda! Thanks for submitting your entry to the DT call. Good luck!

x

Anonymous said...

Brenda hiya, What a lovely card the stamp is gorgeous and colours are perfect for this card! xx jo xx

Lynda said...

Another stunner!! Best of luck with the DT call.
Lynda xxx

Dawn♥ said...

WOW Brenda what a beautiful looking card!

YOU need to go check out Inspirational Card Sketches! There's something there for you. LOL!

Have a lovely day!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, just wanted to let you know that Ive left you something on my blogspot. with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Mel said...

love it. Mel X

Linnie said...

stunning brenda i just looove your card
luv
linniexxx

Unknown said...

What a stunning card, so simple but absolutely fabulous.

Jan x

Kari said...

Hi Brenda! Wonderful card,I just love butterflies...lovely!! :)

Hugs, Kari :)

coldwaters2 said...

Brenda just a quickie I have left something for you on my blog.

Hugs
Lorraine x

mueppi said...

What a pretty card, Brenda!
I just love butterflies!
Big hugs Gisela

Jo said...

Hey Brenda, I haven't had an opportunity to visit until now...glad to see you've been busy! This card is wonderful, I really like that color combination. Also enjoyed the pics of your horse, especially his muzzle. You know, there's nothing softer than a horse's muzzle. Your pictures bring back fond memories...thanks!

Silli said...

Hello Brenda, your card is beautiful, I love the colors... Great work... Big hugs and many thanks for all your sweet comments. Hugs and happy day. Silke

Anonymous said...

wow this is fab! Its so stunning. Thank you for popping over to my blog x