Saturday 6 June 2009

Allsorts challenge4


Again we are thrilled that so many of you joined in our challenge last week, a huge thank you everyone.

The theme this week is "Pink and White" and has been set by Lisa. Although I love pink and use it a lot and was pleased when Lisa chose her theme, this card is so not me, yet seems right. My cards are usually nice and symmetrical and defiantly not set at a "jaunty" angle, but the image somehow seems right that way so I went with it.

I had this idea to make a flower by gathered up some lace so the rest of my card was planned around that and I added a flower shaped button to the middle which I had been saving for ages for the right card .........well at least that's a half credible excuse for never using it before. The image is a Penny Black favorite 3817K, stamped with Brilliance orchid, heat embossed with detail clear and lightly painted with the same inkpad and stickles added to the stamens. The DP is Doddlebug designs and the scallops punched with my Fiskars punch. More of the same lace as the flower across the card and some pins and a gem to finish.

5 comments:

Carol Ann said...

As there is no photo of the card showing above your discription I popped over to the Allsorts challenge blog it is a beautiful card, all the cards for this challenge are fab so have decided to follow and hopefully if time permits even enter a card at some point. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, Carol Ann x

Unknown said...

Where is the photo?

Love Dawn xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Very, very pretty. The lace flower is gorgeous, as are the stamped flowers.
Clare x

Agus said...

Lovely card! I like very much the stamp you have choosen! so elegant
Thanks for stopping in my blog :)
Hugs,
Agus

Mel said...

I adore this card Brenda. My fav colour Pink. You've done a gorgeous job again ! Melx