Wednesday 24 June 2009

Inspirational Card Sketchers, ABC and Creative Card Crew challenges

Were spoilt again at ICS this week with another of Dawn's fabby sketches. I have also combined this with ABC's them of "Two Tone - just two colours" and CCC's theme of "Whatever the weather" and for my card it's definately sunny.

I haven't used this stamp for ages, it's from the Artful Stamper -881A and I have gone for one of my favourite colour combos, green and lilac. My background has been Glimmer Misted with lily pad and timeless lilac with an overspray of pearl. Image is stamped with versafine back and embossed with iridescent - this was actually by mistake - I got out the wrong box ........ I know, the moral here is that you the label before you start, in an ideal world and all that with plenty of time...... but I actually quite like the softer effect.

I coloured he image with a wash using Sakura pens and added glitter here and there and gems to decorate. The roses are from a stock pile I stamped last week ready for colouring using a little Magenta rose (Tilda range) which I painted with Brilliance lilac and thyme, covered with detail clear whilst still wet and heat embossed. The leaves and swirl were cut on Cricut storybook, inked with the same Brilliance pads and heat embossed with detail clear.

I ran the top section of the card through the Cuttlebug using Swiss dots folder, DP is My Minds Eye - absolutely yummy this one, green with hues of lilac so perfect here. Finally a stick pin, perhaps a bit OTT, but quite like the finished article.

29 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Brenda this is breathtaking, I just love that unique umbrella image and you used ICS #22 just beautifully! Thanks for sharing1

PinksyDoodles said...

This is absolutely beautiful Brenda. I'm off to google Glimmer Mist now - something else to add to my ever growing list!!
Enjoy the sunshine.
Clare x

Louise said...

very pretty and girly,love all the glitter and gems
louise xxx

Kari said...

Hi!Ohh..beautiful card!! Lovely colors and decor :)

Have a wonderful day :)

Hugs, Kari :)

Paula said...

Wow what a stunning card the colours are so pretty and all the detail is fab. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Irene said...

Hello Brenda

What a stunning and elegnt card. I love it to bits, it's gogregous, the colours are gorgeous, layout fantastic. What a great idea to use Glimmer Mists, now where did I put mine ........

luv
irene
xxxx

Nannieflash said...

Stunning card Brenda I love the colours its gorgeous. with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Irene said...

Hello Brenda

I hope you receive my card on your challange
as I've had a bit of difficulty.

luv
irene
xxxx

Lynda said...

Wow Brenda this is beautiful. Gorgeous colours too.
Lynda xxx

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my goodness what a stunning card. Love it and love your details! WOW! Out of this world fantastic job using ICSketches #22! Thanks for joining us! ;)
♥Dawn♥

eiyiyi said...

this is simply a beautiful card. love your work. hugs, eileen

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

stunning card

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Liz said...

OMG what a stunning card I have just stumbled on this blog its perfect!
Liz x

lisa said...

Afternoon Brenda. Wow! This is fantstic. Your shaded glimmer mist is just lovely as is the parasol, glad you chose the sun, and the stick pin is definitely not ott, it's the finishing touch. Just beautiful

Lisax

Karen said...

Wow, this is stunning and a great job you have done with Dawn's sketch. Thanks for joining us at ICS.
Karen x

Joey said...

Hi Brenda

this is absolutely stunning! gorgeous image and fantastic details.

Thanks for joining us at CCC this week

Joey.x

Vicky said...

Such a pretty card Brenda, lovely colours. Thanks for joining in at ICS this week :)xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I love how you made this card! It is so vintage looking and so soft. The pin addition is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at ICS!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, what a beautiful card, the colours are amazing, I just LOVE your card, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your card is `gorgeous` I love the oin:)
Thanks for joining in with I-C-S this week:) x

Regina said...

oh my! this is gorgeous! thanks for playing along at ICS

Lauren said...

Beautiful! I love the umbrella and the stick pin! I love it!

Lauren

PS - this week at http://pileiton.blogspot.com their challenge is the color purple, so I thought that you may want to enter this there too...

wendipooh13 said...

great details and colors!! love the embossing, really adds alot!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!

cheryl said...

stunning card great detail on it too embossing just adds great texture to it love cheryl xxxx

Sarah said...

Really lovely card, so much detail. I love the beautiful colours you've used.
xx :0)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Absolutely stunning! This is a work of art; sheer beauty. I love that parasol. Beautiful details wherever you look. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card - such pretty colours!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Not OTT in the slightest!

Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.

x

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.