Monday 29 June 2009

Penny Black challenge

Well, I've managed to concentrate and get one finished so progress indeed ........ very me I know, but decided to start back after the enforced drought with safety and in my comfort zone following the super sketch for this weeks Penny Black challenge.

My main image is the lovely verse - Penny Black 2695J from which I have taken a section for the sentiment (cut from a Nesite ribbon tag run through the cuttlebug) at the bottom of my card. Both stamped with versafine back and embossed with detail clear and shaded with Tim Holtz shabby shutters to match my DP which I think is K&Co, but not entirely sure as I only had this piece left ........ correctly filed in my new "drawers" under "green". The poppy flowers are taken from Penny Black 3949H which I stamped out several times. The leaf was cut from Cricut storybook and inked with the same TH ink and edged with Stayzon grey to add definition.

11 comments:

Kari said...

Hi Brenda! Wonderful card! :) The verse is so lovely :) Love the colors too :)
Great card
Have a wonderful day :)

Hugs, Kari :)

eiyiyi said...

Beautiful card. If this card is "very you", what a lucky girl you are! I like every single thing about it.

chris said...

love the card, do I need to put parental control on for the next time I look at your blog Brenda? It is so unusual, I find it very interesting good on you girl, pleased to see your getting your mojo back.take care love chris xx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Brenda...love this sentiment and it's great to have you back...thanks for joining in the challenge this week at PBSC...Hugs Kath xxxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Brenda this is so very beautiful that sentiment is lovely and the flowers and colours are just perfect I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Pauline C said...

Wow brenda this is stunning - i totally adore this sentiment and your colours and details are fabulous. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week - why not visit my blog and enter my mini PBSC birthday candy?
Pauline x

Sarah C said...

This is gorgeous. I love that verse and I also love how you've taken part of it for your sentiment xoxo

theneon said...

Beatiful job on this sketch. I love the softness of it and the way you arranged the flowers.

Irene said...

Beautiful card, I love the sentiment and colours you have chosen.

luv
irene
xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful, love the sentiment and the lovely colours.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda this is gorgeous! The verse is so lovely.xx jo xx