Wednesday 10 June 2009

ABC challenge

R is for Roses this week at ABC challenges and gives me the perfect opportunity to create a card I have been thinking about for a few days. One of our rose bushes, given to us by our eldest son and his wife for our wedding anniversary, was showing colour on it's first bloom of the season this morning. It has huge flower heads and a wonderful scent and when I photographed it early this morning the drops of overnight rain were still sitting on the petals and picked up on my piccy really well.

The photograph has been cut with nesties labels and simply matted and a strip of lace added down the side. I stamped swirls from Inkadinkado 97632 onto the DP which is Basic Grey and roses onto vellum with my Magnolia which I'm afraid doesn't seem to have any reference, in both instances using Stayzon black. These magnolia roses are actually very lifelike and I lightly coloured them with Marvy pens, cut out and decoupaged, placing them over the swirls to give a trailing effect. Finally added some of my swarovski gems to embellish ........ these only go on special cards, so who am I going to give this one to ?

5 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Brenda you are doing well. I love your rose it looks so perfect I bet the smell is delicious. I have quite a few roses but they are not lasting long except the white ones they are a picture. I love your design on this card the climbing rose effect is fabulous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Brenda. I love the photo and the roses.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy

Mel said...

Oh Brenda, this is apsolutely beautiful. Exquisite ! - if only i could spell ! Mel x

Unknown said...

What a lovely photograph! And perfect for the challenge too...they must have read your mind and really wanted you to creat something with that lovely photo.

Nilla said...

Love your roses, the real one and the others as well! Hugs Nilla