Saturday 20 June 2009

Allsorts Challange 6

Time for Allsorts Challenge 6 and super dupa blog candy as this weeks prize for one very lucky winner, courtesy of our sponsors Sir Stampalot - read on.It's my turn to select the theme this week and it probably won't be too much of a surprise to some of you that I have selected "Wings", any sort of wings from butterflies to planes, it's up to you just create what makes you happy.

So on to the exciting bit ........ as usual there is a prize for the winner and I will also be selecting my top five from all your entries ........ but we are all so excited about the prize on offer this week as it's definitely no ordinary candy ........ OK yes, I'll stop waffling and cut to the chase - can you believe that we have on offer a Quickutz Squeeze Tool with the Essential Tools Collection. Our sponsors Sir Stampalot have very generously donated this prize so even more reason to enter our challenge this week and also to say a huge, huge thank you from us all to Andy and Janice of Sir Stampalot. And as a little bonus, because it's my birthday this week I will be sending a 'wing' themed RAK to my selected Top 5.
Now, on to my DT card, the image is a stamp from an Australian company called Stamp-It which I am told can't be re-ordered, so I won't temp you by giving the codes. It is such a beautiful frame I felt it needed little embellishment and have very simply stamped it twice with versafine black and embossed with detail clear onto a mottled light green cardstock and mounted onto a piece of matt grey/green mirri card. I cut the center of the frame away and stamped Penny Black 3940F into the aperture with Stayzon black.

The frame and butterflies have been painted with Twinkling H2o's and the butterflies from the second frame cut out and decoupaged with wire antenna added and gems for the thorax.

14 comments:

Gro said...

Hi Brenda.
I realy love this card. The butterflies are just gorgeous.
Have a nice weekend.

Hugs, Gro.

pinky said...

Brenda, excellent choice for a challenge, and i adore your card.That stamp is sooo beautiful. Pity you can't get them now. Lovely prize up for grabs too, hope I get a chance to join in.
Pinky

Kari said...

Hi Brenda!Gorgeous card,I just love the butterflies..wonderful color too :)
Great challenge and prize :)

Hugs, Kari :)

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

a fabulous card Brenda, as always, Happy Birthday for next week, it's mine tommorow, so we share something else in common. Fab prize for the challenge. I was made up to win the top 5 cards, I had 3 surprises today, 2 good and 1 bad. first the top 5, second a gorgeous card and craft goodies from a fellow dt member and the 3rd bad one, stinky dog poo all over the bedroom. No laughing please. janex

Lynda said...

Hiya Brenda, Love your card and you've picked a great theme for the challenge this week. Hope you have a lovely birthday.
Love Lynda xxx

Nannieflash said...

Wow Brenda, I absolutely love your card, the butterflies are stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

PinksyDoodles said...

This is beautiful Brenda. Your butterflies are stunning. I will have to get my butterflies out and have a go at the challenge this week. "Happy Birthday" to you - have a lovely day. (You didn't tell us which day?).
Clare x

Lauren said...

Wow, beautiful card! I love the butterflies!

lisa said...

Evening Brenda. Gosh I don't know where to start with this card, it's stunning. Butterflies, my favourite, Blues and greens, my favourites and your sentiment is just lovely.
I think I might have to have a go at this challenge. "Wings" is too tempting.
Happy Birthday for next week.

Lisax

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Love your card and challenge.

Your butterlies look "real".

Brenda - this must be the first time I have read the word "thorax" on a blog posting!!! It is obviously true .. .. .. your blog is a source of inspiration and education!! LOL!!

Love Jules xx

Mel said...

These colours are gorgeous. Melx

Lynne in NI said...

Wow Brenda - your butterflies are stunning! And I love how you used your wire too - I have a stash somewhere, but couldn't tell you the last time I played with it!
Lynne
:o)

chris said...

wow Brenda haven't been blogging lately, Its late and I just wanted to look at your cards, so I decided to pick my favourite out, this is just wowsers, But of course i love them all.
At sir stamp tomorrow so maybe you will be in. love Chris xx

Maria Matter said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Brenda! Love these colors together and every other little thing about it too! Just a fantastically gorgeous card!
Blessings, Maria