Saturday 27 June 2009

Allsorts challenge 7

My goodness, it's week seven at Allsorts already and it's Jackie's turn to select the theme which is ACETATE, to use it somewhere on your projects.

For my card I have used one of my favourite messy techniques. First step is to stamp the image onto acetate - I find it works best using a stamp that has a fair amount of solid pattern, this time I've gone for Hero S5033 stamping with Stayzon black. When it's dried turn over and apply alcohol inks (I used Tim Holtz) - it's important to add inks to the reverse as the inks and Stayzon don't mix.

Next take a page of an old book rip to fit about half the piece and cover with a dries clear glue - I find Tombo stick works well and stick the the inked side. Now take a piece of kitchen foil, crumple then flatten, add more glue to the entire piece - paper/ink side again and flatten the foil over. Now it's ready to trim and add to your card. I also like to highlight parts of the image with a white Inkssentials opaque pen to add definition.
I finished my card by adding some buttons, beads, lace and ribbons and stamped Hero F5158 down one side using versamark and detail white embossing powder.

11 comments:

cheryl said...

This is just brilliant love it love the technique you have used to create something so beautiful lots love cheryl xxxx

Anonymous said...

This card is fantastic !Thanx for sharing your technique with us xx jo xx

Unknown said...

this is wonderful love it hope yr feeling better

Love dawn xx

chris said...

what an interesting card Brenda, hope you are ok love chris xx

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

What a fantastic card - and a technique I haven't used before.

I might have to have a go at this when I feel like "getting messy".

I do hope you are starting to feel better now.

Love Jules xx

eiyiyi said...

Wow, amazing card! Hope you feel better.

pinky said...

Astonishing what you come up with some times! Brilliant piece of art. Hope you have improved overnight Brenda.
Pinky

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A truely wonderful creation. I love the metallic effect on the background of the image. Just beautiful.
Sharon xx

lisa said...

Evening Brenda. I hope you're feeling a bit better today. I love your card and am fascinated with how you did it. I have tried making acetate flowers with this method but you are taking it several steps forward with the book page and foil behind. I must give this ago as soon as I get the chance, it's great.

Lisax

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, I do so hope that you are feeling better, I love your card its stunning, love the colour choice.
I heard yesterday that my daughter is not doing to well, shes now having to use a walker as her balance is getting worse. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Mel said...

Stunning my girl. Melx