Monday 1 June 2009

Cupcake challenge 42

The sun is still shining and I'm told it's set to be the warmest day so far this year so hope everyone is enjoying it ....... such a shame we have this serious stuff called crafting to keep us inside. Mind you, for me that's just as well, much as I love the sun, yesterday was clearly an overload for me ........ I look like a panda and the red blotches all over would make anyone step back in fear of catching something they would prefer to avoid. I should learn ......... it happens every year, I guess I'm just one of those people who go red, peel and then the process starts all over again, even a fortnight in the Caribbean failed to have any impact on my colour so there's no hope of a tan.

Anyway, I've had enough of trying to set up this new laptop, cyber technology and me have a fragile relationship ........ either it works like I expect, after all they cost a fortune and that's the least you should expect, otherwise the machine must be flawed. In fairness most things are working OK, although not transferred my Cricut software yet, saving that one, but e.mails still a bit of an issue ........ again must be the machine, can't possibly be anything to do with the settings I've installed !!

On to serious stuff, this weeks Cupcake challenge which has been set by Evelina and has the beautiful theme of Fairies. I felt like monochrome this morning when I did this one ........ must be to avoid the red blotches. This stamp lends itself to monochrome so well, it's Rubber Stampede 3817F stamped onto acetate using Stayzon, glittered the moon with Art Institute dries clear glue and irridescent glitter on the reverse and mounted the piece onto a white and silver PD from my stash. Cut a scalloped mount on Cricut Storybook and run a piece of white card through the Cuttlebug using Swiss dots ........ now I know it's de-bossed, truth is it was a shiny piece which I thought would look good, but I did it back to front by mistake. Used some lovely spotty ribbon and inked and embossed some flowers with detail clear to give a shiny finish and added gems.

17 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Gorgeous card Brenda. I love the monochrome look, very stylish. I'm always putting my card in the cuttlebug the wrong way too lol! Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Mina said...

beautiful black and white card Brenda...looks so elegant and stylish xxx

Debs said...

Simply stunning Brenda - love monochrome it's so elegant.
Thanks for the wonderful comments posted on my blog also - I really appreciate them.
Sorry to hear about your red blotches - hope they disappear soon.
TTFN
Debs xx

Jules said...

Super gorgeous Brenda - I am a sucker for monochrome!

Hope you manage to get that lappy sorted. I cowarded out and played the "little girl lost" and then hubby did mine for me. I really wouldn't know where to start.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

just stunning!! xx jo xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen being a lover of fairies maybe I am bias but that image is gorgeous love the black and white look and your layout it all gels perfectly together.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Stephanie said...

Oh I love your card, thanks for playing along at the CCC this week.

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous card you have made, its so elegant and nice, really beautiful! :) Thank you so much for joining us at CCC this week :)

Hugs Ida

Tonje said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.
What a gorgeous card you've made! Love the fairy!

Lynda said...

Gorgeous card Brenda - it is very elegant
Lynda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, WOW this is amazing. I love the monochrome it is fabby. Hazelxo

CraftyC said...

Another gorgeous card Brenda, thanks for taking part in this weeks CCC
Clairex

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful take on the fairies challenge. Your card is fantastic. Thanks for playing.

lisa said...

Even crafting can't keep me in when the weather's as good as this, Brenda. I craft when the sun has gone down!!!
This card is stunning. I love the black and white and your image is just lovely.

Lisax

Nicola said...

Wow such a stunning card Brenda, I love monochrome too. Your image is gorgeous and those flowers and ribbons are a wonderful accent.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Pop's Cards said...

I love this card the silouette is just amazing, i hope that your redness has gone now i am the same, thanks for joining us at ccc hugs Pops x x x

Donna said...

Beautiful card Brenda, love the fairy image you have used, everything on your card works so well together. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week :) Donna x