Wednesday 3 June 2009

Spoonful of Sugar 54

Well, got one challenge posted earlier then blogger went into meltdown again so decided to put my mind to working on a sample board for an extra Sir Stampalot class next month with the new My Minds Eye DP's and Hero stamps. And I amazed even myself, six cards, board completed and I'm really quite happy with 'Colours of Nature', lots of lovely yellows, bronzes and oranges. Can't share yet, but will do so nearer the time.

But all of this means I'm all behind with my blog visits so sorry everyone, I've not really abandond my blog buddies. And of course theres the lurking issue of the new laptop ........ It's so not true that computers are only as good as their users. I was feeling so pleased with myself that everything was working so well and left just my Cricut to transfer from my desktop ........ that's right this is where it all went pearshaped. So Wayne, the very nice man in Utah is helping me out yet again and hopefully all will be well with the world again shortly.

So back to my outstanding challenges I continued the messy ink techniques explained in my previous post and created a backgrond in the same way for this weeks A Spoonful of Sugar challenge which is a sketch by Sonja which is also my card for this weeks ABC's challenge "Q for Quilt".

The 'quilty' part is the bottom section using small squares of a coordinating Sandylion DP. Main image, yes you got it ........ Stampendous P107 - OMG - I don't even have to check the product code on this one anymore ........ I'm telling myself I need to buy another one just in case it gets lost or something dreadful happens to it ........ well you never know what might happen to a stamp expecially when it's loved as much as this one. The greeting is Art Impression F3143 and the scroll down the side Inkadinkado 97632 all stamped with versafine black and embossed with detail clear. I like the colours on this one, but feel it's a bit too busy for me, but who am I to question the designers requirements and I think it's actually growing on me, so they were right all along.
And if you are still with me at the end of this garbled diatribe thank you for your perseverance, it's just been one of those days that seems to go on forever, but at least I achieved most of what I wanted to do and with Wayne's help the day should end on a cricut note. Oh how naff is that ?

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Brenda, Great card! Gorgeous colours.

Lisa x

strawberry fields said...

This is a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at ABC this week
fiona x

pinky said...

Brilliant card, I like a card with lots going on lol. Hope your man got you sorted computer wise and you can end on your cricut note (very funny) nice you can smile through it all.
Pinky

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

lovely card

thanks for joining us this week on ABC

Hugs Jane x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Brenda this is beautiful love that image and your colouring technique it all looks so 'natural' which is a great I love it and the colour combo.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Nilla said...

Beautiful cards and I love your background, well done! Hugs Nilla

Jo said...

Brenda - I really enjoy your blog and your cards are wonderful. Thanks so much for your inspiration. I have a blog award for you, stop by here when you have a chance. Thanks!

flatis stempelwelt said...

Lovely card....
I love the color combo
Thanks so much for playing with my sketch..
Hugs, Sonja xx

Anonymous said...

Great card, hankf for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

lisa said...

What a beautiful card, Brenda. I love that Agapanthus stamp it always looks fantastic, and your colours work so well.
Congrats on your award and I hope you get your laptop sorted. Computers eh, what would we do without these men that can!!

Lisax

Anonymous said...

This gard is really great, it looks so noble!!!

Thanks for taking part.

Hugs Ivi

Helen said...

Beautiful card - fab stamping!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the stamped image and the buttons.

Mel said...

I love the colours and layout another winner !
melx