Tuesday 2 June 2009

Rosie Dees Challenge

Good morning everyone, the sun continues to shine and the garden is a huge drawm, but decided it's time I got down to some serious work ........ you can have too much of a good thing. My first project is for Rosie Dees challenge which I only found the other day and liked their take on using different techniques. This week is Triple Embossing, a technique I really like and often use, especially at demos as it always gives that wow factor.

Here I have started with three layers of UTEE, then a coat of gold, yellow and sapphire and stamped into it using Stayzon black and Hobby Art SC1732E, a lovely weeping willow and it's first outing ......... yes, it was one of those still in my box of stash picked from my last crafting sortie. When I use UTEE I like to keep the rest of the card fairly simple to allow the beauty of the enamelled piece to show through, so I have added a simple greeting using Art Impression G3130, one of those used for samples on Sir Stampalots Scenic Watercolours C&C programme. The corner elements are cut on the cuttlebug using nesties and I added swirl embellies which are gold, lightly rubbed over with Stayzon black.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this card Brenda. The colours on your triple embossed panel are stunning!!!

Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week.

x

Unknown said...

This is a technique I am familiar with but never tried, ever thought of doing a video to show how this beautiful effect can be done?

I ask too much I know lol but have hered it described but never seen it done (I am so visual!) love the card obviously!

Love Dawn xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Brenda,
I just enlarged your card to have a close up look. The embossing is beautiful. It sounds like fun to do as well. It's almost too good to put on a card - should be hanging on the wall instead.
Clare x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I like this one Brenda love the colours and your corners but that image is terrific.

Hugs
Lorraine x