Tuesday 2 June 2009

Inspirational Card Sketchers

Yes another one, this time for ICS challenge which is another of Dawn B's wonderful sketches which are always a delight to work with. I am also combining this with this weeks Creative Card Crew where Sheila has set the theme "Child's Play" - card's for a child. Really being spoilt today as I so like sketches and still have another to go, but saving that for later when it cools down a bit ........ and after the ironing which I have been resisting for days, but there's been desperate cry's for uncreased shirts in this house, so needs must I guess.

And I've gone cutise again, grief I seem to getting a liking for these Sarah Kay stamps, but they do go so well with pretty DP's and I have an abundance of them ........ one can never have too many can they (cummon all agree with me)? I have stamped around the main image with various Art Impression and Penny Black stamps ........ I think the reason I have always found cutise difficult is because I have issues with a solitary figure, so building up the scene somehow makes me happy.

The image is stamped with vesafine black, embossed with detail clear and coloured with marvy pens. Also added some glitter to her belt and hat. DP's are My Minds Eye, leaf cut on cricut, inked with a pale yellow chalk eye and embossed, again with detail clear to give it some shine. The mat was cut on the cuttlebug using nesties.

25 comments:

pinky said...

This is gorgeous Brenda, love the way you added the little stamps to turn it into a garden. Your selection of papers are beautiful and I just love the flower. No you can never have enough cutsie lol.
Pinky

Joey said...

Hiya Brenda, gorgeous card, this is usch a cutie image,love the colours and the detail with the flower and leaf. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Joey.x

Silli said...

hello Brenda, your card is so sweet. I love the colors and the image! Hugs and happy day!

Paula said...

Hi Brenda your card is so lovely and what a sweet image. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I too love the Sarah KAy stamps! Your card is so sweet! I love the papers you chose and the added butterflies / stamps around her. Great take on the sketch and thanks for playing with us at ICS this week!

Karen said...

Your card is beautiful, I also love these Sarah Kay stamps. Thanks for joining us this week at ICS
Karen x

wendipooh13 said...

oh LOVE the card, and that stamp is sooo sweet and adorable!!! what a wonderful card

Vicky said...

Great cutsie card Brenda. The dps work so well with the image, thanks for joining us this week at ICSxx

coldwaters2 said...

This is great Brenda love the image and the papers I love it when a card gels so nicely together which yours always seem to do and its a joy to see and learn.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Louise said...

lovely card brenda and your colours work beautifully together

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Love your card - such lovely colours to put together.

I am also pleased to hear that I am not the only one with an abundance of creased shirts!!!

Love Jules xx

Nilla said...

Lovely card, Brenda! Love the colours together and your colouring! Hugs Nilla

Unknown said...

I really like the cricut leaf thingy (but alas I have no cricut lol) lovely card as always.

Love Dawn xx

Dawn said...

Beautiful card - love the papers..

Liz Weber said...

Aww that is so adorable and cute - loving your stamping and colours. Thanks for joining in at ICS!

Alecia Wolfford said...

A super cute card, great work!!

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Brenda, love your image and gorgeous papers. Thank you for playing along with my theme this week at the Creative Card Crew.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

chris said...

you going all cutsie on us Brenda!!! I love it, love the colours. love chrisxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a lovely card Brenda what little girl wouldn't love to receive this, thank you for joining the Creative Card Crew ths week, Linda x

Unknown said...

Brenda, this is a fantastic card. So pretty in pink!

Thanks for playing along at ICS this week.

x

CraftyC said...

Its beautiful Brenda, thanks for joining in with the ICS challenge!
Clairexx

Regina said...

beautiful card. love that cute image! thanks for playing along at ICS!

Judy said...

Gorgeous card. That image is so sweet.

Michele said...

Very cute! I love how it is embellished!

Tasha said...

Wow beautiful card - gorgeous colours and fabulous layout
thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha