Wednesday 10 June 2009

Dragonsdream TIO 7


Dragonsdream TIO challenge this week is "your interpretation of - Treasure". Now I'll be honest and say I thought what the devil can I do for this, then I stepped outside the box and it came to me ........ what do I treasure ....... well apart from the obvious, family, pets and the like for me it has to be nature.

As a child my Dad taught me that nature was something to be appreciated from the smallest wild animal to the towering oaks, a value he held all his life and right up till his death at Christmas. As a child I spent hours with him wandering the hedgerows and doing simple things like picking a bunch of cowslips. That enjoyment has never left me and I have tried to instill the same values in my children, although I have to confess modern life takes it's toll and sadly such activities are less prevalent nowadays. But to be fair, most of them garden and grow veggies and enjoy speding time in the Countryside and have animals.

I never fail to be astounded by natures abilities of regrowth and regeneration, all the things it's so easy to take for granted because they are always there. So my tag, which on reflection is probably totally OTT, encompasses just a small element of the vibrant colours, fauna and animals that are all around us if we take time to look. I have used so many stamps and materials that for once I am not going to list them, otherwise you will still be reading this post next week.

14 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Brenda first I would like to say I am glad you are feeling better and are now able to enjoy your crafting again. I read your story and it took me back to when my dad used to take my little brother and I for walks down to Gloucester Docks on a Sunday I used to enjoy everything around me. I think my love of animals and nature were built in before I was even born because having seven brothers they were all sport fanatics while me I loved to play with the animals lol.
Last but not least I just have to say how beautiful this tag is and the concept for its creation. The colours the images are all ingredients for a brilliant tag.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kari said...

Hi! Wow, it`s beautiful..!!
Great colors :)


Kari :)

Penni said...

Wow Brenda, this is stunning.

Hugs
Penni
X

LilyPuss Cards said...

Hi Brenda..just to say thank you for your comments re my Allsorts entry...and yes the border punch is Martha Stewart..I love it as its so classic.

Beautiful tag and the colours are so lovely, a great interpretation!!

Kind regards
Jan..x

Spyder said...

Beautiful Tag, lovely colours

((Lyn))

Dragon said...

OOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE the gentle colours here. It's not at all OTT, my lovely... it is to ne treasured.
Thanks so much for you continuing to play
Frankie
xx

Jo said...

For someone who's supposed to be resting, you've been very busy. Obviously, creating is good therapy for you...you seem in good spirits. Love all you've done this week. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Jo

Nilla said...

Love it, so cute! Hugs Nilla

Lauren said...

I find your blog inspirational. I love your stuff! I have left an award on my blog for you...

http://lem-photography.blogspot.com/

Lauren

Jamee said...

That is so adorable!

Karen said...

Oh Brenda...I so echo what you have said and you picking cowslips took me right back to my childhood when I used to love to sit in a field of them near our farm!

Your tag is lovely and definitely not OTT my lovely XXX

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks great, and your write up is wonderful.

lisa said...

Great minds think alike, Brenda. I have been thinking along the same lines for this challenge. Promise I'm not copying!!!!!
I know exactly what you mean, after my family, the countryside and my garden give me the most pleasure so they have to be my treasure too.

Lisax

Michelle said...

Beautiful Tag Brenda
x Michelle