Friday 5 June 2009

Autumn Leaves

Well it seems I can share some of the cards delivered to Stamp Addicts this morning as they are going to be shown at their first ever retreat next weekend. Sarah tells me they have 40 people booked to attend, so sounds like she has a very busy time ahead.

The main stamp I had to work with is Judikins 2784I, a set of four leaves so I was very at home with this botanical theme. Clearly it gave me an Autumnal feeling as I realised after the first ten or so cards there was a distinct theme of oranges and golds going on.

I started by brayering a piece of glossy cardstock with a rainbow inkpad, then stamped over with versafine black and embossed with detail clear and cut each leaf out. The tiny leaves are cut on Cricut Storybook and stippled with Adirondack acrylic dabbers. The DP is Doodlebug designs.
I'd better be honest and tell you the card is actually sidewards on, despite turning the image several times, it just reverts, but as it square figure it will be OK as I don't have the original to do another piccy.

10 comments:

pinky said...

Crikey, every card i see of yours just stunnes me. This is gorgeous, so arty and vibrant. Perfect.
Pinky

coldwaters2 said...

How gorgeous is this Brenda love those colours and that image certainly has centre stage...perfect.

Hugs
Lorraine x

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Brenda, love the autumn colours you have used, a bit like our weather atm LOL
Clairex

chris said...

wow Brenda another beautiful, card love the colours, love chris.

Unknown said...

Brenda,

I'm not in the mood for autumn just yet! (we just had a nice few sunny days!) lol lovely use of colur here lovely

Love Dawn xx

Nilla said...

You are so good, your cards makes me happy, always! Hugs Nilla

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

stunning card Brenda, I love the vibrant colours. janex

Jamee said...

your card is so elegant!

lisa said...

This is really lovely, Brenda. I love how you've made the leaves into a flower and those colours are just gorgeous.

Lisax

Mel said...

Lovely rich colours. i've gor these leaves somewhere ! Melx