Saturday 13 June 2009

Allsorts Challenge 5


What a great week we have had at Allsorts this week, a huge number of entries so thanks so much to all who took part and congrats the the winner of the Pink and White challenge.
This weeks theme has been chose by Gro who would like you to use triangles on your project, a little bit different you will all agree and should get your creative juices flowing.

For my DT card I have used Magenta 29110R - Floral Background which I stamped and embossed three times using versafine black and detail clear powder. I cut out the centre sections from two of the images, cut two into quarters and two in half, giving me different sized triangles. I have used just two colours of Sakura pens and coloured alternate triangles in a single colour, lightly inked the edges to give a shadow effect, and reassembled four of the smaller pieces onto each section of the main image and placed three of larger sections down the side.

Gems have been added to the centres of the flowers and I made up a stick pin in coordinating colours and tied with ribbon.

6 comments:

Jules said...

Wow - this is fantastic Brenda.

I love the colours you have chose, the stamp and that gorgeous stick pin.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

beautiful I like the colours.

Looks like you had a great time & cake too!

Love Dawn xx

Gro said...

This is beautiful, so different from anything else. And I love your colour.
Enjoy the weekend.

Gro.

Lauren said...

Beautiful! I may have to scraplift...

chris said...

love the colours, and love the pin beautiful.

lisa said...

What a stunning card, Brenda, so unususal with those triangles and the colours are yummy.
Glad you've had a good time, your piccys above are great.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog. We do seem to share a lot of the same interests don't we!
Have a great weekend

Lisax