Thursday 18 June 2009

ABC challenge

Now some of you will say I've made this one before, so what's new. Truth is, it is very similar to some I've made in the past, but when I saw the theme for the ABC challenge this week which is "S for Summer", I knew exactly what I wanted to make - simplicity in pinks, greens and roses which to me epitomise an English Summer ........ well apart from the rain that is.

My main image is Penny Black 3815J stamped in versafine black and embossed with detail clear. The background has been stamped with a Hero block stamp H2545, inked only in places with Hero blossom ink, spritzed with water then stamped to achieve a patchy background. Coloured with Marvy pens and diamond glazed. The pink mat was run through the Cuttlebug using Swiss dots.

I chalked all round the edges of the card using a piece of acetate cut as a scalloped border on Cricut Plantin. Made the stick pin up with beads and accessories from Spellbound Bead (link on my sidebar), added some ribbon and dots along the scallops using Liquid Pearls.

15 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Brenda this is lovely and depicts the English summer perfectly. The colours are so soft and serene and very calming love the image and the scalloped edges I really love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jo said...

Brenda, I love this card. In fact, the way I found you and your blog was when you posted a similar card on the Cricut MB. I've since purchased the rose stamp...I have an idea for a card using blues, and yellow for the roses (yellow is my favorite color). But, for some reason, I've been dragging my feet when it comes to this one. I just need to get off my duff and get to it. Hope you don't mind if I steal your stick pin idea! Thanks for the push. Jo

Dazie said...

Stunning! I love the way you have chalked the edges!
Dazie
x

Kari said...

Hi Brenda! Lovely card!!Beautiful soft colors..wonderful :)
Have a nice evening :)

Hugs, Kari :)

Anonymous said...

how pretty is this! xx jo xx

chris said...

hi Brenda love the card, and love the pin hope to see you next Thursday? love Chris

lisa said...

Another stunner Brenda. That rose stamp is just beautiful and I like the way you've chalked round the edges, that's really effective.

Lisax

Zoechaos said...

Beautiful elegant lovely lovely card.

Denise Clark said...

Brenda, I love the way you spritzed the background block to get the look you did. It looks terrific with the simple roses! Just love this card!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

absolutely beautiful, I love the image and the fabulous embellishment, your cards are always classy and professional. janex

cheryl said...

this is so beatuiful hun love the image just adore everyting about it thanks for you kind comment you left on my blog and for being such a sweetie and becoming my 50th follower I never thought I would get to 50 but bless you for that as I wanted a nice round number, with all my love cheryl xxxxxxx

Nilla said...

So beautiful card, Brenda, really summer!! Have a nice weekend! Hugs Nilla

Nannieflash said...

An absolutely beautiful card Brenda, I love the soft colours and the details. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, and I love your interpretation of summer.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x