Friday 24 April 2009

Two challenges in one


Well, anyone who knows me can have a good giggle because they will know just how hard I found this one. I struggle with busy and cutsie and like nice symmetrical cards. Challenge 57 for Cute Card Thursday is "Getting Edgy - tear, sand, distress or sew the edges of your card". That on it's own wasn't a problem but time being short I wanted to try and combine it with this weeks Friday Sketcher which has a nice sketch by Murielle from France, but quite busy which is where I have problems.

Anyway, I started with a GM'd background (gold, terracotta and sunkissed peach) and tore the edges and distressed with TH vintage photo, then stamped all over with a crackle background stamp from Magenta 32090M using brilliance cosmic copper and as usual if in doubt rely on good old favourite Stampendous P107 stamped with versamark and embossed with detail copper. Then my problems really started, lots of embellies needed to fit the sketch, so flowers, buttons, gems, ribbon and so on. Finally a greeting from Stampsmith and background paper is Daisy Bucket. Done !

13 comments:

Unknown said...

oh what a precious and so wonderful card.
thank you for joining the fs challenge.
hugs, bea

tracie said...

Fabulous card Brenda, love all the gorgoeus details and beautiful image.
Have a great weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

pinky said...

Love this card Brenda, love the muted colours and the beading.
Pinky

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, love that image and the layout is fab!
hugs, Marlene x

Deb said...

Gorgeous card, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a fab weekend! Debx

Sharon said...

What a fab card. I love the flowers and buttons along the bottom.

Viv said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours and you've done a great job with the embellishments, even if you're not used to so many! Thanks for stopping by my blog also.

Murielle said...

OH...Brenda, your card is Fabulous!!!
I love your composition, the papers and details are wonderful.
Your image is adorable.
You have beautifully interpreted my sketch.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Mumur

Azaria said...

very nice card

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. I love the papers and colour combo.

Glenda

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, really classy. Great colours.
Barbara
x

Ann said...

A really lovely card, I love the detail and the beading is great xx

Doodle Palace said...

OMG! What a cute card! Dee and I just love your blog! The flowers are beatiful! You have just been STAMPED! visit our blog to pick out your free digital stamp! Congrats! doodlepalace.blogspot.com