Sunday 26 April 2009

My time to Craft 58


My time to Craft Challenge 58 is Metallica and gives me a perfect opportunity to try out a new technique I discovered this week using acetate, crumpled foil an old book and inks which you can find here. It's super messy and I added my own slant by using Glimmer Mists along with the alcohol ink so you get some extra glitz - remember, glitter makes the world go round - doesn't it ?

Both stamps are PB, the main image 2407K stamped with black stayzon, highlighted with an Inkssentials opaque pen and the swirly one 2636K stamped with versamark and embossed with detail clear. The edges of the card have been distressed with TH antique linen, rubbed with versamak and dipped into detail gold to highlight them as has the black mat. I have added some punched out butterflies from another piece made up using the same foil technique.

7 comments:

pinky said...

Stunning piece of work, very arty.
Pinky

Kristen H said...

This is gorgeous! I love it. Thank you for explaining the technique!

Meahni Pieterse said...

Love this card Brenda, I wish I can do stuff like this.... Oh and thanks for sharing your mishap with me, I had a good giggle and felt much better :-)

Carole said...

What an amazing creation...just stunning.

Lesley said...

Beautiful! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week xx

Lynne in NI said...

Wow...this is absolutely amazing... and I'd say it looks even better in real life!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Oh my goodness - this is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!