Monday 27 April 2009

Sketch and Stash challenge 9

The latest challenge for Sketch and Stash is to create a card based on Lena's sketch. Goodness knows why because it's a super sketch, just my sort of layout, but I struggled from the start, probably because I wanted to use a new sheet of DCWV paper and couldn't decide what to put with it.

In the end, I ran a piece of card through the cuttlebug using birds and swirls folder, brayered over it with a multi coloured ink pad which left a nice highlight round the images. Next I brayered again using a glue pad and then added ultrafine iridescent glitter to the whole piece. Added ribbons, flowers and brads, stamped greeting with Hero CL278 across the bottom using a matching green emboss powder and a butterfly stamped on vellum with PB 3819D which I then glittered. I love the main image, but not entirely sure about the finished card, although the colours seem to run through OK.

7 comments:

Lena Katrine said...

I like your selfmade background - it works so well with your patterened paper!

Thank you for your nice comment in my blog - I truly appreciate it a lot!

Have a nice day! Hugs, Lena

pinky said...

Very arty card, looks like a lot of work went into it. Love it.
Pinky

Chrissie said...

Well your card turned out to be gorgeous Brenda and the colour combination is just lovely.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash!

mueppi said...

Hi Brenda
your card is great! I love the colours!!!!!
Thanks for the good wishes for my health!!!
Hugs Gisela

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Brenda, I love the embossed detail, really beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Anonymous said...

Just loving your card Brenda, that glittery image you created looks fab. Sure it took you ages.

Mandy

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Bfenda. I love your take on the sketch and the embossing is fab.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx