Monday 20 April 2009

Excitement when the postie came today as my blog candy arrived courtesy of Kath - do visit her as she has some wonderful artwork on her blog. The candy is a selection of oriental themed goodies from Craftworks. The Misaki stamp set has some great images and I really like the floral border which has so many possibilities. Here are three fairly simple cards which I have come up with.


The first one using the potted flower has been stamped in black and embossed with detail clear onto a piece of 'leftovers' from some inking techniques using chalk eye inks. The black mat has been heat embossed using one of the small flowers with versamark and detail clear again. All matted onto bazzil dots.


The next uses the border, stamped in black and embossed with detail clear to create corner elements, the middle mats also part of the candy and the centre cut on nesties, stamped three times with the fan to create a circle and a flower and brad to finish. Sorry about the picture on this one, whichever way I tried I got glare, not that I'm moaning about the sun which eventually arrived in the fens today !
My final one today uses the little Japanese girls 'dressed' in My Minds Eye papers and the background papers are more from my candy pack as is the scallop card. The ovals cut with nesties on the cuttlebug and the corner flowers on Cricut Storybook with some little florist stamens added.

2 comments:

helen said...

3 beautiful cards and all so different, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment
hugs
helen x

Kath Stewart said...

wow Brenda..loving what you did with your candy....gorgeous gorgeous cards and it's great to see other folks takes on the stamps...Big Hugs Kath xxxxxx