Monday 13 April 2009

Cricut Cuttables to play with


I was recently given some of the new Cricut Cuttables products to try out which include stencil material, stamp making kit and Cuttlebug folder kit. All are designed to be cut on the Cricut and with the exception of the cuttlebug folder material which still needs some practice, I have to say I am impressed with the quality of the finished project, plus it opens up a whole new ball game to create exactly what you want.

In this card I have used the stencil material to cut the stencil from Home Accents and used with Glimmer Mists (kiwi, honey dew mist, lily pad and irri gold) to create the lilac and green background. The bird and branch image was cut from the latex type stamp material using Home Decor and Storybook, welding the images together on the DS. As the branch was a bit delicate I mounted the cut material onto easymount and was amazed at the quality of the stamped image. Here I used Brilliance lightening black and clear embossing powder and I like the way the slightly less intense black of this ink allows a shadow of the GM's to show though making the bird look thrush like.

The greeting is Woodware FRC128 cut with nesties and diamond glazed. I have stamped around the top with Art Imression F2044 and the bottom with Hero F5042 and the paper is My Minds Eye. All products from Sir Stampalot.

No comments: