Friday 10 April 2009

Happy Easter

I made this for my chocoholic Granddaughter. In case you wonder why I've made only one when I have four granddaughters and a grandson the answer is simple - two will be away for Easter sailing on the Broads, two live some distance away so these four have opted for "the dosh" as one so eloquently put it.
The four sides of the box were cut on the cricut machine using Wild Card and Plantin Schoolbook welding various elements together on the DS to achieve four pieces with side flaps and bottoms for joining. I scored lines where I wanted the joins and stuck all pieces together with Art Institute dries clear glue which gives a strong, almost instant weld. I then cut out for pieces as the outer sides using the same cartridges and Crate Paper (SirStampalot) and stuck them in place leaving a small white border at the top to give definition. Finally I added a handle fixed with gem brads, flowers and ribbons on each corner and gems in the centre of the flowers.





2 comments:

Veronik said...

Very nice indeed, love this combination of purple and lilac colours with the white. Well done Brenda ;-)

Azaria said...

Thankyou granny i have already eaten all of the lemon sherberts you put in there.:)