Friday 8 May 2009

Distressed and glittered

It's raining, it's cold so crafting seems the only option this morning, as if I need an excuse !

This card is really quite simple but I thought the colours needed to be left to do the talking. I build up the background with TH red brick, peeled paint and mustard seed and a bit of sepia around the edges. The image is Hampton Arts 4602 stamped in versfaine black and embossed with detail clear. I bleached out the flowers and parts of the planter to add an aged look, then added stickles to the flowers, leaves and butterflies when dry.

I resisted my usual impulse to embellish and simply inked a piece of grosgrain ribbon to match and stamped it using stayzon and a butterfly stubbie from Stamp by Judith (Stamp Addicts).

1 comment:

Silli said...

Hello Brenda, your card is very nice. I love the elegant look... The colors are fabby... Happy friday and many thanks for visit my blog. Big hugs Silke