Friday 15 May 2009

Three clovers 13


I promised some cards with the new nestie frames I was asked to try out by Sir Stampalot, there are several gorgeous deigns which you can view here. I've only managed one card as yet this morning, minds on go slow. Anyways each nestie frame set has two frames and some flowers which I will be using later today and post up then. I also got this new Magenta 0445 Swirly blossom stamp yesterday and it fits the larger frame as thought they were designed to go together.

I thought the blossoms look rather like clematis which is in full bloom in the garden so am using my card for this weeks Three Clover Designs challenge entitled "May Flowers".

The image is stamped with versafine black and embossed with detail clear. I stamped it again onto vellum and cut out to decoupage and coloured with marvy pens. Hero H2365 has been lightly stamped over the background with Hero soft green. The nestie frame itself was run through the cuttlebug and cut from My Minds Eye DP, gems added and diamond glaze to the the flower leaves at the bottom corner. The card is actually purple, but the light is really bad today as it's raining and can't get a good picture - must not moan, hubby says we need to to make the fertiliser go through the ground.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Brenda! This card is gorgeous! Love the colors you used and the layout is perfect! I may have to "steal" this design ... may I? Hugs & Aloha, LInda

Anonymous said...

I like the look of those frames, must see who sells them. Nice colours on your card as well.

Sue