Wednesday 13 May 2009

Everyday Art Challenges



The challenge from Everybody Art Challenges is "Friends and Family" and the DT have cope up with some really inspirational work which shows how diverse each person's interpretation of a theme can be.

I have used a beautiful image from Rubber Stampede 3942F. I was not sure if it would lend itself to UTEE treatment but decided to give it a go and am really pleased with the result. I used two coats of clear and a third of jade, orange and gold and stamped into it with stayzon black. I wanted to carry the gold without overshadowing the image so just used four corners cut from gold linen card using Cricut storybook. The corners look a bit baroque and the image art deco according to my daughter (a history teacher) !

10 comments:

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a wonderful Card.

Thanks for joining our Challenge.

Domi
(E-A-C-Team)

Iris said...

Wow your card is really gorgeous, great work.

Thanks for joining our Challenge.

Iris
EAC-Team

Stempelfrosch said...

Wonderful piece of art !
LG Anke

Jules said...

Oh Brenda - this is so funny.

I remember him making his first appearance on Jem's blog and having a bit of banter about it with her.

I even showed it to my son at the weekend and he was assumed by it too.

Can't wait to show him what "long legged froggie" has been turned into now!!!.

Love Jules xx

Silli said...

Hello Brenda, your card is so elegant and beautiful. I love the image! Hugs from Silke

Nixe-Moni said...

Wow what a gorgeous card! I love the image and the fab colours.
Thanks for joining in our challenge.
Hugs
Moni
EAC-Team

Carole said...

Beautiful card, super image.
Carole :-)

mueppi said...

What a wonderful romantic card!
Hugs Gisela

flatis stempelwelt said...

Hi,
thats a wonderful Card.

Thanks for joining our Challenge.

Hugs, Sonja xx

Kati said...

wonderful artwork.
hugs
mamapia
EAC-TEam