Thursday 21 May 2009

Inspirational Card Sketchers


There is a lovely sketch by Dawn B for this weeks ISC challenge. This card is also for this weeks ABC challenge where the theme is "O for Orderly - a balanced card - if you use a flower on your card this needs to be balanced with another", mine is balanced with three pearls.

I had off cuts from some leaves I cut on the cricut what were screaming out to be stencils, so I used these to chalk the background onto which I stamped PSX G2007. This was stamped twice and the flowers and bird decoupaged after colouring with Sakura pens and pearl stamens added. DP is Doodlebug Designs bubblegum boutique and the flowers cut with punches.

14 comments:

Silli said...

Hello Brenda, your card is beautiful. I love the pretty flowers and the dp... The colors are so fabby... Hugs and happy day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda.
Your card is stunningly `beautiful`...
I love the stamp and how you used your pearls!!!
`Thanks` for joining in with ICS This week..
A pleasure to see you there!!!
Have a lovely weekend:) x

Dawn♥ said...

OH my what a lovely looking card! It's so pretty! That image is breathtaking! Thanks for joining in at ICS! :)
♥Dawn♥

Jules said...

Wow Brenda - what a lot of time and effort has gone into this. Simply beautiful.

Love Jules xx

Leena V. said...

Beautiful card!! woow! Love the colour and details
Hugs
Leena

Jen said...

Hi Brenda,
I love all those pearls! Great stamp too.
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

lisa said...

This is beautiful Brenda. Your card balances so perfectly and I love your Fuschias, really pretty.

Lisax

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Brenda this is one wonderful work of art and I love it to bits the colour you have used are fab but its that image...wow...it rocks me boat lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Beautiful, I love the decoupage and the pearl drops. janex

Anonymous said...

love the card, fuschia's are gorgeous !

Kendra said...

I love what you've done with your image... very beautiful!!! Best of luck with the challenges :)

Vicky said...

Pretty card, esp like the way you've arranged the flowers along the bottom x

Fink said...

Just a great card. I love the pearl dots and the flowers! Awesome

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x