Wednesday 6 May 2009

Special birthday card

Been asked to make a special card for a lovely lady called Lyn who works at the nursing home which cared for my dear Dad right up till his death at Christmas.

I make them lots of cards for residents and fund raising days, my way of saying that you for all their love and care during the three years Dad lived there. Lyn loves decoupage and lilac is her favourite colour and as I want to make this a bit special thought a stick pin made up in matching beads would add that extra touch.

The main image is PB 3865K which lends itself well to decoupage, stamped and embossed simply in black and detail clear and the decoupage layer stamped onto Sandylion DP, diamond glazed and green stickes added to the centre of flowers whilst DP is still wet. The bottom section is My Minds Eye DP which I also used for the '50' cut on Cricut Storybook. I also decorated the envelope with a greeting and off stamped the floral image as well.

4 comments:

pinky said...

Beautiful card for a beautiful person, its nice to be able to show people who care for our loved ones how much we really appreciate them.
Pinky

Saskia said...

Beautiful card with lovely details!

Greetings,
Saskia

shaz earl said...

A beautiful card Brenda xx

Dragon said...

Hi Brenda... thanks for your lovely, generous comment on my blog. I see you have the better of me... I would LOVE for Sara to have me on her DT but it has not happened yet!!! She knows me well, but I can't make the breakthrough
Frankie
xx