Saturday 9 May 2009

Penny Black challenge 48

Black and white + 1 other is the theme over at Penny Black this week. I had a mind to do something with some new copper and black leafing foil, so my '+1' is of course copper.

I have kept the card pretty simple as I felt the leafing gives interest. The image is PB2827K which I had from Stampalot for a class a few weeks back - I realise there may seem to be a pattern emerging here as my earlier post also has birds and is monochrome - pure coincidence, or otherwise it reflects my mood today !

The image is stamped onto acetate with stayzon white, run through the Xyron and the leafing stuck to the reverse. Matted on to black and white cardstock and a mock stitch edging done with Inkssentials opaque white. The card edge looked a bit plain so used one of the the Cuttlebug border folders, coloured the flowers with copper H2o, agged gems, a bow made from some gorgeous spotty organza ribbon and I couldn't resist another stick pin made up with beads and pins from Spellbound.

11 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

this is stunning Brenda....love that birdie image and great idea using copper as your 1 other....great work and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC and no it is not warmer here and is chucking it down rain....well off to craft instead of gardening
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Tania said...

This is a real piece of art Brenda. Simply Beautiful!-Tania

tracie said...

oh wow Brenda this is fabulous, love the effect the copper creates ~ gorgeous and your pin is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC ~ have a great weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

Sylvia Blum said...

Wow Brenda, this is fantastic! Love the idea of using copper as the '1 other'! Looks so elegant and beautiful.. amazing!
{love} Sylvia

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Brenda, so elegant and the foiling is amazing :) Donna x

mueppi said...

Wow... Brenda
this is fantastic!
It looks so elegant!
Hugs Gisela

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

What a beautiful card. I've never seen that technique before.

Shelly said...

very chic! love the effect, and the gorgeous ribbon and pin!

Beth said...

Wow, so elegant! I love the pin too! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Marcea said...

oh my word, this is incredible hun - I love it so much, very eye catching!
-x-

stephanne said...

This is really nice Brenda. It came together very nicely and the simplicity compliments the card, as each element you've used is in itself stunning. Great creation!!
Stephanne