Friday 8 May 2009

Friday Sketchers 51

This weeks Friday Sketchers challenge is a sketch with quite a lot of layers, well for me anyway, but that's why it's called a challenge is'nt it ?

Unusually frugal, I have used some DP's that came free in a magazine which carried some of my artwork. The image is GR1353 DD from Hobby Arts, stamped with versamark and embossed with Moonglow razzelberry plum and cut on the cuttlebus using nesties. This is a lovely sentiment that I often use in class and there's always a list of orders for it afterwards.

The horizontal 'mat' is a border scroll cut on cricut storybook as are the hibiscus flowers across the bottom. I had added some florist stamens and liquid pearls to the centres.

12 comments:

Lauren said...

I love your stuff, it's beautiful! So bright and cheery! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog!

Kristen H said...

Love this card. The colors, layout, and sentiment are all lovely and they work so wonderfully together.

Nilla said...

Stunning, love it, the idea and papers, all! have a great weekend, hugs Nilla!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

I always skip the challenges that have lots of layers :-) Your card is very beautiful and fresh.

strawberry fields said...

Hi Brenda
Thanks for visiting my blog
This is a gorgeous, gorgeous card, love the colours and the layout
superb!
fiona :)

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

What a beautiful creation - and a beautiful sentiment too. (Very true as well).

I don't go for multi layers or mega embellishments either but must admit that when I do it as part of a challenge I am often surprised with the end result.

I see that Sir Stampalot is going to be sponsoring the Allsorts Challenge Blog. Emma and Kirsten must be really excited about that.

Have a great weekend Brenda.

Love Jules xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

This is gorgeous and the sentiment is so wonderful, hugs Pascale

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card and wonderful sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole :D

Carol said...

Beautiful and lovely sentiment!

You've been busy yesterday too love the PB and Inspirational cards you've created GORGEOUS

Cardmaking Galore said...

really elegant card!

Jacque said...

Very attractive card..love the colors and the flowers are gorgeous...thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers..Hugs..Jacque

wendy said...

Beautiful!

Wendy:)