Wednesday 13 May 2009

Dragonsdream Tag it on and ABC challenges


Motoring this monring, four challenges sorted, just need to write them up and post.

My first is for this weeks TIO where Ali has set the challenge "Rhubarb Crumble and Custard - use pink (for the rhubarb) yellow (for the custard) and texture (for the crumble) You must use at least one stamp and 2 embellishments. When I read this first thing this morning all I could see was a plateful of crumble and custard had wondered how on earth I could depict that, two espressos later (that's the only way I can kick start my day) I read the task again and the idea came together.

The challenge over at ABC this week is "N is for Not a Card", so i thought my tag would qualify there as well,

The bottom section of my tag was run through the cuttlebug to achieve the texture element. I stamped Hero K5162 with brilliance orchid and poppy and highlighted the flowers with yellow liquid pearls. I took a look at the rhubarb in the garden and cut leaves on the cricut to loosely reflect what they look like and coloured with brilliance thyme and ivy. Added ribbon plus a brad and some staples as my embellies.

16 comments:

Nilla said...

Two beautiful cards, Brenda! Love them! hugs Nilla

Unknown said...

very cleave R&C imagery now that's hubby fav desert may go get some rubarb from the garden and knock one up for tea

Love Dawn xx

Jules said...

Brilliant Tag Brenda.

You have gone to a lot of trouble here and it shows.

Such dedication to go and view the rhubarb leaves!!!

Love your card too - you really are cooking on gas.

Love Jules xx

Liza said...

Gorgeous tag, I really love the colour combo.

Liza x

Helen said...

Fab tag...great colour combo!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Dragon said...

It came out really well, honey... seemed odd at first, but great when you get into it!!! Thanks for playing
Frankie
xx

AliMayes said...

What a beautiful tag Brenda - I love the idea of mimicking the rhubarb leaves!
Ali xx

Faye said...

Very gorgeous, Brenda. Love your design.
Faue

Sue said...

What a fab tag Brenda, I love your leaves xx

Char said...

Fabulous tag. Love the images.

Chrissie said...

Excellent take on both counts... quite a difficult colour combo to execute!
Chrissie

stamp and scrape said...

Beautiful tag - the liquid pearls look fantastic!
Ros

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for joining in with ABC this week. hugs Alison x

Jen said...

I love the stamps and embellishments you have used, it's a gorgeous tag.
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

lisa said...

This is really beautiful Brenda. I love your texture and those flowers are stunning. The leaves are really clever too. These challenges really get your mind working don't they!!

Lisax

Tessi`s Kramecke said...

Wunderschön.
LG
Gitti