Monday 18 May 2009

Cupcake challenge 40

My second card today is for this weeks Cupcake challenge where there is a super sketch from Donna.

For the main image I used a new Inkadinkado set 98852. I think these are the latest fad they call 'inchies' and something tells me they are intended to swap rather like ATC's - sure someone will put me right here ? But I liked the images and have selected four spring like ones, birds nest, tulips, thrush (well he looks like a thrush to me) and a butterfly - of course. And to go with the spring theme some really fresh double sided DP - afraid have no idea of the origin other than Stampalot which is where the stamp set also came from.

The images are stamped onto bazzil using versafine sepia and detail clear embossing powder. The sentiment is a skinny stamp from Stamps by Judith (Stampaddicts). The narrow side strip was made using my new Fiskars punch and gold swirly embellies in the corners.

19 comments:

Ida / Little said...

I really like your card, the season stamp is very nice! And your color choise is fab, that mustard yellow is a really cool color! :) Thanks for joining us this week at CCC :)

Hugs Ida

Liza said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours you have chosen. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Debs said...

Hi Brenda - simply stunning!!!
Good luck with the challenge.
p.s - thanks for hopping over to see my blog and leaving a lovely comment on my Fairy 'glitter' card
Take care
Debs xx

Manuela said...

great card brenda! i like this colour-combo and the inkadinkado stamps :D thanks for stopping by :) hugs, manuela

lisa said...

A lovely card Brenda. I have a different set of these inchy inkadinkado stamps but couldn't decide what to do with them. You have inspired me to get them out and try again.

Lisax

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Brenda, thanks for taking part in this weeks CCC!
Clairex

Steph said...

Gorgeous card. I really like the colour combo and papers you've used x

pinky said...

Thats a great stamp, did a few inchies a few years back. Nice idea to use it for a card,love the blackedge behind your work. Very striking with the yellow.
Pinky

Maria Matter said...

Lovely images!
This is a beautiful card Brenda, great papers too!
Blessings, Maria

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!!
I love the colors!!

~Tammy~ said...

I really love your take on todays sketch! The colours are perfect!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I love the colors in this card! Thanks for playing with CCC this week!

Nilla said...

two beautiful cards, I really like the pink one! Hugs Nilla

Enfys said...

Really love the vintagey look of this card, and details are super.
hugs
En

The Crafty Den said...

Great card, very unusual images. Love the dp, very pretty. Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Stephanie said...

Love your card, the color combo is awesome! Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.

Donna said...

Hi Brenda, your card is brilliant, I love what you have done with the sketch and the papers and colours are just perfect, such a fab image too! Thanks for joining us at CCC this week :) Donna x

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous i love the images, thanks for joining us at ccc this week hugs Pops x xx

Caryn said...

Stunning card, love the layout and stamped images. Thanks for joining in at Cupcake Crafts.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx