Monday 4 May 2009

I'm collecting cards for MS charity fun day

** If you are an anonymous poster asking where to send cards, I can only reply to you if you provide an e.mail address. If you prefer not to leave this in your comment, please e.mail me from my profile**

If you are like me, you make far more cards than you know what to do with, so I would be delighted if you could spare a card or even more, so they can be used to help raise funds at a National event which is taking place this summer.

The MS society are holding a series of "Wheel and Walk" events during June where branches will joint together to raise funds for Professor Compston's MS Research at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge and local MS groups. Details can be found here.

This cause means a lot to myself and family as I was diagnosed with MS almost twenty years ago. At the time I had a very young family, so much in life I wanted to do and saw no future. MS is a horrific disease and Professor Compston has and continues to do some incredible work and I have been more than happy to be one of the 'samples' used in his research. Doctors tell me I am an anomaly as despite spending some years virtually housebound and in a wheelchair, things improved for me and apart from sight and pain issues which you can live with, I consider myself very, very fortunate to enjoy mobility and reasonable quality of live.

I have always tried to add my small contribution to MS fundraising in whatever way I can and two of my sons' run the London Marathon for MS. I really do believe that with your help, a substantial volume of cards can be drawn together to be sold and raise funds on 28th June 2009.

I am still in the process of trying to establish if it is possible to have some localised collection points, perhaps craft stores. But in the meantime I would be delighted to hear from anyone via e.mail (this can be done if you follow my profile) so I can give you an address to post your card/s to. Sir Stampalot and Stamp Addicts both have collection boxes for cards in store.

I'd be thrilled if you feel able to help spread the word. Just copy and paste the flower image and text from my bog (the flower has the html link embedded to take people to my post).

14 comments:

Louise said...

Brenda I will gladly donate some cards and will hand them into sir stampalot on my next visit

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, just to let you know I have packed a whole bundle up and will get them in the post to the addres you sent me.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda can you send me an address to send the cards to please. My niece was struck down with MS when she was just 24yrs old ten years ago so I will gladly send some of my cards to you.Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda,
My sister has had MS for about 25 years and has a young family as well (all born after she was diagnosed). She like you fairs pretty well and it is her birthday on 28th June so I will gladly let you have some cards if you will let me know where to send them. Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda,
Just sent a lot of cards to other charities,but will gladly do some for you,
Please tell me where to send them.
Lembayles@sky.com

Nannieflash said...

I also will be sending some of my cards to Stamp Addicts for your charity fun raiser. My 39 year old daughter was diagnosed at Addenbrooks so she knows the department very well. Good luck with your event. Shirleyxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Brenda just visited Shirley's blog and found this link I would love to send some cards to you and will e-mail you for your address.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Linda said...

Hey Brenda: I found you through Shirley's blog. I'll post your message on my blog as well. Please e-mail me your address so I may send some cards to you. Take care and God Bless You! Aloha from Hawaii, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hello, I would really like to send some cards for this very worthwhile case, please tell me where to post them to. Margaret

Nannieflash said...

Your most welcome Brenda, I know from Clare that any funds are gratefully needed and used well. My daughter lives in Downham Market, and is always helping and getting involved with their MS Society, their dropin centre and on their committees etc. It might be an to put Stamp Addicts and Sir Stampalots addresses on your sidebard. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Nannieflash said...

Sorry some of my spelling has gone astray in that posting, I meant to say it might be an idea to put both Stamp Addicts and Sir Stampalots addresses in your sidebar, and not what has be written on the comment. with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Anonymous said...

I would like to donate some cards for sale, could you send me details of where to send them?
My email is littlepinky402@hotmail.com

Nanny Ga's New Blog said...

Hi Brenda, I too suffer with MS, I make donations as and when finances allow me, so to donate cards is a wonderful idea, Card making keeps me sane as I can no longer work. Will be sending some in the post asap.
Best wishes
PammyB

Helen W said...

Hi Brenda, I have just come over from the Sir Stampalot blog and am amazed to discover that you have been suffering with MS for so long, having seen you in the store many times I would never have realised. I will get some cards dropped off to the store as soon as possible, it's the least I can do after all your inspirational classes.