Wednesday 27 May 2009

ABC challenge

My third card for the day is for this weeks ABC challenge which is "P for Pearls".
Again I have used some My Minds Eye DP for the side border and corners. The image is all time favourite Stampendous P107 stamped with versamark and embossed with copper, gold and pink which I added randomly. A tiny dragonfly has been stamped across the background with Brilliance orchid stamped off to achieve a softer finish (no source I'm afraid) and scrolls from Inkadinkado 97632 stamped and embossed in gold down the side. I roughed the edges with scissors and distressed lightly with Tim Holtz worn lipstick. The card itself has been stamped with Brilliance gold down the fold side with Penny Black 2642K.

I have to put my hands up and admit I pinched the idea for the part scalloped edge from Jules, but I did tell her that I might as I so liked what she did with a card at the weekend using this Fiskars punch. The corners are made from circles cut on Cricut home decor. Finally tiny punched flowers added to the main image, scallops across the bottom using the same punch and pearls to embellish.

14 comments:

Marianne said...

very stylish card

Nicola said...

Fantastic embossing to this very elegant card. Those pearls are the perfect finishing detail Brenda.
Nicola -x-

Helen said...

Beautiful card! Love the way you've used the pearls!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

coldwaters2 said...

This is so lovely that image is wonderful I love this card.

Hugs
Lorraine x

mueppi said...

Wonderful card with a great image!
Hugs Gisela

Lauren said...

Beautiful! I love it!

Nilla said...

Beautiful card, Brenda! Love it! Hugs Nilla

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful, love the embossing!!!
A lovely design!
blessings, Maria

Jamee said...

cute card, i like the colors you used

Tracey said...

Very pretty card, love that image :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Cathy said...

beautiful card Brenda.
Good luck with the GDT call, and thank you for joining in the ABC this week.
Cathy xx

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! This is just gorgeous!! I love those stick pins!! :) TFS!

Jen said...

I love the use of stamps with the pearls, very elegant.
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x