Friday 29 January 2010

Polkadoodles 4

The new challenge at Polkadoodles this week has been set by my teamie Kerry who would like to see Valentines cards made with non tradition colours.

Before I move on to my card I need to remind you all that there are still a couple of days left to enter the candy draw at the top of my blog. The winner will be announced on Monday 1st February........the day our Special Challenge and Blog Hop goes live. So much candy on offer that you won't want to miss out on this one and of course be part of the fun.

Now for my card, I have used the Elegance section of the new Love and Romance CD. The main image was cut with Nesties, inked with versamark and embossed with iridescent powder, then layers onto to more mats cut on the Big Shot Express. I made three roses with paper from the same collection and added some punched leaves and pearls to finish and an 'I love you sentiment'.

21 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Brenda,
This so elegant and chic I love it..
Mandy xx

Tracy said...

It's so nice to see something different for valentines, love the colours and the roses.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Merry said...

Just stunning......

Nettie said...

Really elegant and regal!!! Love it.x

Lynne K said...

Wonderful! I love the non-traditional colours.

Lynda said...

Very beautiful Brenda - love the elegant BG papers. This looks like a very difficult challenge I wouldn't have known where to start!

Love Lynda xxx

chris said...

This is very lovely Brenda I bet Eddie can't wait until valentines day with all these love cards you keep making him!
lotsof love chris xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

stunning card Brenda and the roses add just the right amount of prettiness. janex

Linda W said...

Very elegant card Brenda, something different for Valentines Day! Linda X

eiyiyi said...

Lovely, lovely card Brenda. A nice change for the eyes from all the pink and red we've been working with. hugs to you, eileen

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful card Brenda, a really love change from the cutie ones, its gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Ms. Jen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those colors together!

JoZart Designs said...

Really classy....far preferred to cute ones and love the colours.
Jo

Beryl said...

Beautiful Brenda. The papers and roses are lovely as are the colours used.
Beryl xx

Juls said...

so elegant! and I love your roses! Hugs Juls

Claire Phillips said...

Great card Brenda - fab for the man in your life!x

PatR said...

Very elegant card Brenda, love the colours.
Pat xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Brenda, what a classy looking c ard, just adoring those paper! have a great weekend, hugs Linda x

Sally H said...

Beautiful, Brenda! Very elegant!

Fleur said...

Hi Brenda, your card is lovely. Very elegant. Great for the more mature romantics in us!
Hope you are well. Hugs Fleur xXx

Anonymous said...

I passed on an award to you on my blog: http://emuupagumtree.blogspot.com/2010/02/award.html