Saturday 30 January 2010

Allsorts challenge 37

This post is all scheduled ahead as when it pops up on Saturday morning I should be in deepest Essex for the girls first bridesmaid dress fitting for the May wedding of our second eldest son which is taking place in France.

And I am so thrilled that this week I eventually got my dental work completed and now have three front teeth implants.........that might not sound too exciting, but some of you might remember back last summer and autumn I had lots of problems and a couple of ops on my mouth and they thought I would lose my front teeth. Since then eating has been a nightmare and it's sounded as though I had a serious speech impediment, but several months on, endless hours in the dentists chair and thanks to a wonderful consultant I am all sparking white again.

So on to the serious stuff of crafting and exciting happenings at Allsorts challenge this week. We were all sorry to see our team mate Gro leave us, she has been with us from the start and we will all miss her inspirational work. But this means we have a vacancy, so this weeks challenge is also a DT call, our very first one since the challenge started last May.

There is a sketch to follow this week and I have used it as an opportunity to ink up another of my new Hero stamps for the long overdue samples I am supposed to be making for Sir Stampalot.

I have used this lovely stamp Hero K5313 Silhouette Ivy which I stamped onto a piece of silk card using new Hero Chalk Inks Punch and Grass. The background panel is stamped with good old faithful Hero H2065 Old French Writing again with the grass ink. The DP used for the red panels is Doodlebug and the sentiment Hero CL273 Great Flourishes. I punched the edge of my stamped piece with the zutter and tied ribbons through the holes.

Before I go, have you entered your name for the candy in the post at the top of my blog........just one day to go until I announce the Special Challenge and Blog Hop and the fabby candy on offer.

33 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the ribbons and the colours.
luv
Debby

Paula.Crafty Cow said...

I luv the colours, but do luv the card.

Sally H said...

Beautiful card, Brenda! I love the colour combi and that's another Hero stamp on my wish list!

Zoechaos said...

Good to know you once again have a happy confident smile again and eating can once again be an enjoyable experience.

Pink and Green one of my favoriate combinations love the way you have used the colours and stamps and ribbons here. Beautiful card.

Good luck on Monday, not sure if I'll be able to join in all the event gotta work but hope at least to get round the hop.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Brenda, hope your trip to Essex and the fitting goes well. Wow what a totally gorgeous card, loving that flower image and the layered look, fabulous. Hugs Linda x

JoZart Designs said...

This card is so effective..love the colours, the images and the ribbons,
Jo

Tracy said...

This is really pretty Brenda, I love the colours and the ivy stamp is lovely. Got to say don't envy your dentist appointments but glad it's all done now. Have good weekend, looking forward to Monday.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

chris said...

Hiya.
hope youre having a nice time a wedding to look forward to in france sounds exciting.

so it will be the queens English from now on then Brenda I'm plesed you have got it sorted.

your card is exquisite.
love the green and red colours !!!
All my love chris xx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hi, Brenda.. This is lovely! Love that splash of green in the middle.

Congrats on completing your trial by dentist! Well done. Can't wait to see your new sparklers! :o)

Hugs,
Chris xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

love the colours you've used Brenda, fabulous stamp, gingham ribons are a fav of mine.
So glad you have your dental work sorted, I know better than anyone about teeth and implants, enjoy yourself and enjoy smiling. janex

Anonymous said...

lovin the ribbon detail Brenda,xx jo xx

eiyiyi said...

Loving every bit of this card Brenda. It's gorgeous! hugs,eileen

Lynda said...

Oooh I love that Hero Arts stamp Brenda - I will never be rich lol. Fantastic card and such lovely colours.

Loe Lynda xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Brenda loving the image and delicate colouring and adore those ribbons.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kristie W. said...

This is soooo pretty!! Love the ribbons too!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, Im so glad that your teeth are now all done and you are feeling a lot better about them. Your card is stunning, I love the simplicity of the stamp image, but the ribbons really make it zing. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Beryl said...

Brenda - that Ivy Stamp is wonderful. I love the way you've given the image such depth. A really lovely card.
Beryl xx

issy said...

Sound like your'e going to busy Brenda, a May wedding how wonderful, something to look forward to.

This card is gorgeous, beautiful colours. and I love the detail down the side, it looks so effective.

issy

Fleur said...

Brenda, this is just beautiful, I love the ivy stamp, and the ribbons add the perfect touch. Hope you had a good at dress fitting.
Hugs Fleur xXx

Lynne K said...

Lovely card, Brenda. Great colours, gorgeous stamp, & I do like the way you've used the ribbons.

PatR said...

Gorgeous card.Love the image and the way you've used the ribbon.
Hope everything went well with the dress fitting. Pleased you have your teeth sorted it must be a relief for you.
Pat xx

cheryl said...

oh hun this is a beauty love that image great detail too hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx really love that image hun,xx

Eiglas said...

Beautiful card Brenda - as usual!LOL!
Elegant yet simple and so feminine.
I was really sorry to hear about Gro leaving - I love her input and will miss her on Allsorts. Let's hope she's not giving up crafting altogether!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Claire Phillips said...

Fabulous card Brenda - great colours and I love the Ivy stamp - beautiful! x

Silli said...

Brenda, your card is beautiful, I love the stamps so much, the colors are fabby... Hugs Silke

pinky said...

How on earth do you get so much done mrs! Love this card and all the lovely ribbons. You seem to know exactly what to do with each stamp you have. Hope the fittings went well yesterday and glad you are all sparkling again lol.
Pinky

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love how you have done the stamping, and the fab ribbon detail! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

oh WOW what fabbie colousr!!!

Diane said...

Oh I love the ribbons,I'm going to have to CASE that!!! Such a lovely card!!

craftimamma said...

Love everything about this card Brenda. The colours are great and really like the little knots of ribbon down the side.

That ivy stamp is pretty special too!

Lesley Xx

Kristen H said...

Those ribbons are a charm and a half! I love pink and green together too! GORGEOUS!

majsan said...

I hope I`m not to late .....

mrsk06 said...

Gorgeous card i adore the ribbon it gives the card a really nice touch

Take care

Sal xx