Saturday 16 January 2010

Allsorts challenge 35

Another Saturday and another challenge at Allsorts. I am scheduling this one ahead as when it pops up on my blog I will be on a weekend jolly with my mate Jules........so apols I can't visit any of you for a few days. We've had it booked for weeks and are spending the weekend in Peterborough........I know real long distance for me, but by staying over we can have a meal in the evenings and a bottle or two of the red stuff.

The boys are going to the footie to see Peterborough v Derby who Jules hubby supports - it's going to be a real enlightening experience for my hubby as like me he's a Liverpool supporter, although in his defence rather more reserved than me when it comes to showing emotion about the score line.

So where are Jules and I going.......one guess ......Sir Stampalot of course and it should be a good day as Louise is doing a Copic demo so plenty of crafty gossip and even a bit of shopping. And might have a nose round Phase Eight and Coast to see if anything takes my fancy for the May wedding.......it will be good to have the second opinion from a woman's perspective rather than the normal "it's fine, it's OK" that the men usually trot out.

Our teamie Kirsten has chosen this weeks theme of "Pink and Brown" a fabby colour combo and gives you a pretty open field to create your entry. I have gone with a Sarah Kay image First Kiss, stamping it three times with versafine black and embossing with detail clear, coloured with Copics, cut out two layers and decoupaged. I created a sun on the base piece using a mask and sponging with chalk inks, added some clouds, greenery and flowers.

I created a tied band effect across the middle and tied on some hearts......very thrifty of me indeed, they were part of a wedding favour. Flowers are punched, leaves cut with a Sizzix die through the Big Shot and DP's are Polkadoodles and Doodlebug.

35 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

just gorgeous, you and jules have outdone yourselves this week.Hope you both have a great time. janex

Mandy said...

Hi Brenda,
Stunning card..love the image and the background you created is lovely..fab colour combo..hope you have a great wekend..
Mandy xx

Tracy said...

This is so gorgeous Brenda, that image is so beautiful, and I love the background (please do a tutorial on backgrounds, I don't know where to start). I especially like this background it suits the image really well. The decoupage really brings it to life. Hope you have a great weekend and have lots of fun.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Beautiful card Brenda. Such a pretty image and fabulous colours too.
Have a good weekend.
Love Sandra xx

Fleur said...

Absolutley gorgeous card Brenda. The background is stunning. I love this image and i love how you've decoupaged it. Hope your weekend is good - may see you at Sirstamp later on
Hugs Fleur xXx

Sally H said...

That's a wonderful card, Brenda! Have great fun today! Happy Shopping x

Helen said...

What a stunning card. Have a great weekend (and let's hope Liverpool do too... least said about THAT the better, lol!)

Kari said...

I love this!Gorgeous card,Brenda!Love the sun in the background and the image is coloured wonderful:)Beautiful!

Have a great time shopping:)

Hugs,Kari:)

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome creation Brenda loving the papers and those flowers are gorgeous as is that fabulous image love the technique you have used to decoupage them hope you and Jules have a wonderful time at Sir Stampalot, I am green with envy lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Brenda, I've just come from Jules's blog, I hope you are both having a great day!
Great card! This image is so cute and is set off perfectly by the fabulous background you have created.
Clare x

Anonymous said...

AWWWW The sweetest pic, so cute, and I love the layout on this one, great charms!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, wow thats a gorgeous and beautifully coloured image, the card design and papers are stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

craftimamma said...

Brenda, this is absolutely stunning. I love the scene you have created for your main image. What fantastic inspiration there is in this one card.
Beautiful!

Bet you and Jules are having a brilliant day even if the weather is as horrendously miserable in Peterborough as it is here.

Lesley Xx

PatR said...

hat an adorable card Brenda. Love the colour combo and of course the gorgeous Sarah kay image (my favourite stamps) which certainly pops out on the card.
Hope you enjoy your weekend.
Love, Pat xx

PatR said...

Here's the missing W !!

Jacee said...

Love the card Brenda, I really like the colour combo, great challenge this week. Hope you enjoy your weekend with Jules, it sounds great,I'm sure you'll have a ball!

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Brenda

Fantastic card thanks for making my theme look great... hugs Kirsten...x

Beryl said...

Gorgeous Brenda - love the background you've created for the image. The band across the middle is ace too. Hope you're having a great weekend you two.
Beryl xx

cheryl said...

wow hun this is stunning such attention to detail love the colur combo and image too hgus cheryl xxxxxxx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Wow!! Gorgeous card, Brenda! Hope you and Jules have had fun today and have left some stock in the shop for me to buy on pay-day! :o)

Hugs,
Chris xx

chris said...

Now this I love.

There are so many intersting points of interest on it,I especially like the eyelet idea.
your grass is fine I don't know why you needed to buy a new one, this is quite good enough!!!!!!!
Didn,t we have a super day.
much love chris xx

Lynne K said...

Oh, wow, this is stunning! I absolutely love it! The background is brilliant, beautiful layout, great embellishments. Totally wonderful. Must get that stamp.

Have a great weekend! xx

Nicola said...

Hi Brenda nice to have met you today at Sir Stampalot. Your cards are lovely and this card is amazing so inspiring after having a crafters blog since christmas. Thank you for following my blog. Nicola (Crafty patch)

lisa said...

Hi Brenda. Hope you are having a great weekend.
Another gorgeous card. I love the decoupage and that background is perfect.
The tied ribbon is a great idea. You always come up with something different and unusual, such a talented lady.

Lisax

Lou said...

Hi! Brenda,so so love this card and the eyelets/tied is such a great idea.Lovely to see you today,crafty chat,lovely new shop of Sirstamp and what more could we want?see you soon,Lou.xx

Merry said...

Fantastic card Brenda ......the image is popping off the card.

Claire Phillips said...

An absolutely beautiful card Brenda - the image is gorgeous and as always you have chosen the papers and accessories perfectly! x

Unknown said...

What can I say that has n't already been said? This is a beautiful card ... the colours and all the little extras ... just beautiful!

Juls said...

this is so sweet and romantic!! I love it!! Hugs Juls

Lynda said...

Stunning card Brenda and another stunning background too! Hope you've had a great weekend!

Love Lynda xxx

shaz earl said...

Gorgeous card Brenda.. love the way you have done the sun in the background x

issy said...

Beautiful card Brenda, I just done a card with the band across it. but after seeing your lovely creation I think it will go in the bin(lol)

x
issy

Unknown said...

Hi
That image is juste beautiful (may be my next purchase lol!!) Love the colours, everything - just a stunning card!!

Paola said...

Wow, what a beautiful card!!

Warm greetings
Paola

Mel said...

This is really sweet! I love it Melx