Friday 8 January 2010

Polkadoodle challenge 1

A whole new year of Polkadoodling starts today !!

And make sure you put a note in your diaries to see the new CD launched on Create and Craft at 11.00am on Sunday 10th January. The DT have been so lucky and we have been playing with it for the past couple of weeks and I can tell you is is absolutely superb with the most gorgeous images, colours and papers.

For this weeks challenge the DT have come up with some brilliant work using the Back to Nature CD following this weeks theme -"Song title..use a song title with new BTN CD". Not sure how many will know this one, but it's one of my favourites from the guy in the oh so tight white jeans.......Freddie of course and Queens "Spread your Wings" originally featured on their 1977 album News of the World and re-mixed several times since.
My wings are in the form of this beautiful butterfly on the Heritage section of the CD and the blend of lilacs and soft greens one of my favourite colours combos. I cut the largest of the butterflies out and glitzed it up with two layers of iridescent embossing powder and added gems to his thorax. The border is punched with a new Martha Stewart pop up butterfly punch.......was not too impressed at first, but after playing around for a while found you need to punch twice before moving along the card to make the butterflies pop.......with only one punch they remained fixed, but the second punch give them lift but there are no instructions to say this.

I used the tiny butterflies that are the surplus after punching and dotted them around my card. The greeting is also from the same collection which I cut into circles with Nesties through the Bug.

31 comments:

Nettie said...

These are just stunning Brenda. Hope your keeping warm.x

pinky said...

Gorgeous card and great take on the song title. That cd looks great, must try and remember to watch it.
Pinky

Sadilla said...

Hi dear
wonderful, gorgeous, great... I don't have any beter words to describe how much I like it!!!
Hugs
Sadia

Lynda said...

They are both sooooo beautiful and that butterfly is really pretty. I'll try and remember to watch the show it should be good but you know what my memory's like!

Love Lynda xxx

Fleur said...

Hi Brenda - just simply stunning.
Hope you are keeping well
Hugs Fleur xXx

Always with a Sentiment said...

My Goodness Brenda, you are just amazing. How lovely is this creation, JUST STUNNING.
Have a lovely day.
Love Sandra xx

Tracy said...

These are utterly gorgeous, love the colours and the Butterfly is amazing. I think I might have got to grips with the birdhouse, it's building up slowly. I'm so useless if it's not vintage or cute.
Happy crafting
Tracy

eiyiyi said...

Absolutely fabulous Brenda. You are the "Queen" of it for this card! hugs, eileen

cheryl said...

wow hunny this is totally stunning so love that paper and that wonderful butterfly will be tuning in to see that one love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Anonymous said...

oh WOWSERS That is beauitful!!!!!

I simply must check out about the CD you're talking about.

Mandy said...

Hi Brenda,These are fabulous..love the butterfly and the colours are gorgeous..thanks for the tip with the punch i have one waiting for me at the craft shop..just wish I could get there to get it...
mandy xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, what gorgeous papers, I love them and Imust get around to trying them out. The card and box are stunning. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Scrappymax said...

Another stunning creation Brenda, I am really loving seeing all these papers and the colours are beautiful.
Max x

Sally H said...

Oh Wow! Love it! Gorgeous!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful, creative and gorgeous super job Brenda

Helen said...

Sooo pretty - just LOVE that butterfly, it is gorgeous!

Janet said...

Your cards are just beautiful!! x

Juls said...

so so gorgeous!!! Love the glitter on the butterfly! Hugs Juls

Beryl said...

Wow, I don't know which to drool over most, the fabulous butterfly, the butterfly punch or that gorgeous box. Really beautiful creations Brenda.
Beryl xx

Fliss said...

This is just gorgeous Brenda. You beat me to it with those papers too! I think we both like the same things by the look of it.
Fliss xx

Vicky said...

Just beautiful Brenda. Your style certainly suits the Polka Doodles designs. :)xx

Daisy Chain said...

Gorgeous. Love the colours and that ornate butterfly. Debbie x

ribenaruby said...

What a gorgeous set, just beautiful and the new punch lends itself perfectly!

Merry said...

So beautiful!

Lynne K said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the box especially. I've just bought that butterfly punch too, and mine seems to work fine on the first punch. Wonder whether yours might be faulty? x

Tracey said...

Hiya Brenda
thank you so much for popping over and leaving me such a lovely comment on my blog i was so thrilled to see you name there.
I so love your work and what you have done with this cd the butterfly is stunning and the box is so cute you are very creative.
wishing you a happy new year
love tracey x

craftimamma said...

What a pretty little set Brenda. The colours are really soft and pretty too. Love it!

Lesley Xx

Tip Top said...

This is wonderful!! So pretty and perfect!! Great to have you on the Polkadoodle team!

Anonymous said...

Oh very very prety! Love the colours too! :0)

mrsk06 said...

What a gorgeous card you've done really well, i love your colours its really elegant Take care Sal xx

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Breathtaking,Stunning makes these are xxhugsxx
Sarah xx