Saturday 14 August 2010

Molly Ballerina and Polkadoodle flowers


Good Morning everyone from a rather wet East Anglia........where is Summer ? It's absolutely freezing.

Things are setting down in puppy land and we even got some sleep last night, so keeping everything crossed that I might get to do some crafting today.

A coupe of things I need to tell you about:

Penny Black at Allsorts are looking for new Design Team members, so if you love you PB's and would like to be considered for the team pop over to the challenge blog now.

And if you love your colouring and want to win a fantastic set of the new AquaMarkers from Letraset worth £79.99, then check it out over at the
Polkadoodles challenge blog where you can find out how to enter. Closing date for entries is 31st August 2010.

It's the lovely Kirsten's turn to host the new theme at Allsorts this week and she would like to see paper Piercing or Paper Piecing on our work.

My card uses Ballerina Molly from the new Molly Blooms stamps by Clare available exclusively from Sir Stampalot.

I used Copics on her face, arms and legs and for her clothes some DP from my stash which I also used to create the back panel using Martha Stewart around the page 3 dot scallop. The three roses are made from the same DP, punched leaves and butterfly, a beaded pin and the letters are cut on the Big Shot with a Sizzix die.
I am also entering this card for:
Cooking up with Katie - Flowery pink square, use flowers, pink and a square
Creative Card Crew - Cute and Girly

And my second card it my DT project for this weeks new challenge at Polkadoodles where it's Stacey's turn to host the challenge and she wants us to print onto acetate or vellum.


I used the Paper Boutique CD, re-sized the flowers and printed onto acetate, which I them matted onto white cardstock and fixed with brads. I printed more of the same flowers onto white cardstock, cute out and glittered the edges. The swirly leaf is cut from a Sizzix die and the card edging Martha Stewart embossed scallop. The sentiment is from the unmounted stamp set.

I thought I would also enter this card into this weeks Creative Cottage challenge as they would also like to see acetate used on projects.

38 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Brenda. Wow. These are two super cards. Beautiful images, lovely colours and great designs too. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Nicola said...

Tell me about the weather. We have 2 very wet and sad looking rabbits this morning when I went out to feed them... Anyway what great cards I just love everything about them. Loving the edging on the cards too. Great opportunity for budding DT crafters and with such a lovely bunch of crafters already. Hugs Nicola xx

Anonymous said...

these are two fabulous cards!!!

LOVE that border you made on teh first, with that sweet girl stamp!

and loving the green floral and flourishes on the second!

PinksyDoodles said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda. The Molly Bloom card is very sweet and your roses are beautiful. I love the flower on the second card, especially how it echos the background flowers.
It's wet here too!
I'm halfway through my PB at Allsorts entry so I can try out as a DT member.
Enjoy your weekend.
Clare x

Lesley Edmonds said...

I just don't know how you find the time to make so many gorgeous cards Brenda.

These are lovely - especially the flower one.

Hope the puppies are settling well.

Zoechaos said...

Good to hear that the girls are settling down a bit baby mammals are great fun with just 2 speeds go! and go faster!! LOL Fabulous card the way you way you have coloured layered and 3d'd the flower so you, very pretty. xx Zoe

Fleur said...

Bi B. these cards are just lovely. Weather is nasty. Although it does look like the sun is trying it's best to peep through.
Have a lovley weekend
Hugz Fleur

Sarah said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda, I too want the soggy weather to go away x

Donna said...

Stunning card Brenda, fabulouse colours you have used and I love the printing on acetate! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage :) Donna x

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda i love that design on the ballerina card the colours and flowers are gorgeous and the flower on the second card is stunning and i agree it is freezing.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Nannieflash said...

Wow Brenda, two for the price of one, they are both stunning and so pretty love them both. Glad to hear that puppy is starting to settle, its like have a new baby in the house. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Merry said...

Oh so beautiful both of these cards are Brenda. What a fantastic idea printing on acetate....something to add to my to do list.

Cherry said...

What a pair of beauties Brenda. Love the colouring on the ballerina cutie and the style of the flower. Love your colour combos too.

Thank you so much my lovely candy arrived this morning - so I am very happy planning lots of play and experimentation. Thank you again.

Hope it warms up soon. Hugs Cherry XXX

mckinkle said...

Isnt the weather a washout! Bring back the sun I say!

Gorgeous cards Brenda, the ballerina is so pretty! Its what every little girl dreams of getting her little outfit on!

Keryn x

chris said...

Hi Brenda, this is gorgeous love it.

Sarah said...

What pretty cards. Lovely x

Babs said...

Lovely cards Brenda, love the molly bloom stamp see is fab.

Babs x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

2 gorgeous cards, love the frame around the dancer used the same with my GDT card for promarkers. The floral is a real beauty.
My summer card must have done the trick, sun out grass cut, it was so long...whew
janex

iReneM said...

Two beautiful cards, Brenda, but, oh, how I love the green one :-)

x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing this with Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Linapyssel said...

Very cute cards the both of them Brenda, the flower on the second one is super and the first on is nothing short of girly..very pretty indead!!
I hope all is well with you ans the little once
Hugs Lina

Louise said...

Two stunning cards Brenda and love the paper piecing, glad puppies are settling it can be very tiring when they are not sleeping.

Tracy said...

two beautiful cards I especially love the second one the colours and that flower are just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage. Tracy x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous cards...I love the soft colors!! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie!

Sue said...

Hi Brenda
two gorgeous cards, luv the printed acetate, lovely papers & image, thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Lisa Jane said...

2 fabulous cards Brenda - i love the shade of green on the second card
Lisa ;)

Kari said...

Fabulous cards,Brenda!
Love both of them!!
Sound`s like you had a wonderful summer holiday:)
Your pup`s are so adorable,and much work I belive..
I do appreciate your comment,with all that`s going on,thanks ;o)
Have a great week,Brenda,hope the weather is getting better,here it`s really hot today..phu.. :))

Hugs,Kari :)

Hugs,Kari :)

Mina said...

wow Brenda these are gorgeous...I love that little ballerina and the colour of your second one is lush
Mina xxx

- - Sheryl - - said...

What a cute card and a second beautiful card!

craftimamma said...

Hi Brenda, I'm trying to do a mega catch up this morning. Lots of lovely cards I've missed over the past week and the photos of your new puppies are gorgeous.

You are brave taking on more, Lol! I have enough on with my manic little Jack Russel/Dachsund cross.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Basslady said...

those two cards are just fantastic!
love the colours, the punched details and how you combined it with the wonderful images!

xoxo silvi (germany)

Spyder said...

Two super cards Brenda, love them both.
(Lyn)

dj1952 said...

WOW! What beautiful cards. I LOVE the flowers! I may have to save up for that cd. I think the way you glittered the edges of the flowers was fantastic. I've been meaning to try that after seeing another lady use that technique also. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more of your masterpieces. Hugs, Debra (dj1952)

dj1952 said...

Beautiful work. Debra (dj1952)

Anne said...

Fab cards, thanks for playing along at Creative Cottage
Anne x

Berry said...

Really pretty thanks for joining us at the creative cottage acetate challenge this fortnight hugs Rebekah xx

Katie said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Juls said...

these are just gorgeous!! Love your floral card, the colours are just fab! and the combo of the flowers are the swirls are just fabulous! Hugs Juls