Monday 2 August 2010

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a good weekend.

A quick couple of shares today, just to prove I am still doing a bit of crafting.

Both are using the stamps from the new Penny Black Christmas 2010 releases.......the whole range is on the Penny Black website and also under the whats new section at Sir Stampalot......I am told they have now shipped from the States and should be arriving at 'Stampalot Central' any day now.

This one is Penny Black40-027 Warmest Wishes which I have stamped three times with versafine sepia and embossed with detail clear, coloured with Copics and decoupaged, then added some snow using JudiKins snow white glitter. The DP is Nitwits and I added some borders punched with Fiskars threading water with lace overlaid. The large flowers is punched from the same DP, scrunched up and spritzed with Glimme Mist dazzling diamonds, a couple of pre made flowers and swirls cut with a Sizzix die through the Big Shot, buttons, cord and pins to embellish.

This card is for the following challenges:

Lets Ink it Up - Use yellow somewhere



My second card used Penny Black 4112K To follow the star........I absolutely adore this one and have already used it ore that any of the other newbies and I think the trend will continue as it is so versatile.
I created a background using Big and Juice hydrangea by placing the ink pad onto a craft mat, spritzing liberally with water then squidging a piece of cardstock into it. When dry I stamped the image with versafine back and embossed with detail clear, 'roughed up' the edges with scissors and embossed with detail gold. I also added a touch of gold embossing to the Kings using the same powder and an ink pen.
The edge of the card is stamped with Penny Black 3857H Footnote and again embossed with detail gold. Cord is tied across the card and a small disk made using several layers of UTEE and stamping into it with the script part of the main image stamp. Finally I laid a piece of beaded cord across the top of the image.
This card is for the following challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday - Two's better than one
Daring Cardmakers - Material Girl....take inspiration from a piece of clothing

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Two very different and very gorgeous creations. I love the image on the first and I really like the colour way you have done with this, I wouldn't have thought of putting them together for christmas, but it works perfectly.
Love the design of the second, I love the background you have done with the big and juicy, I just can't do them at all Lol.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sarah said...

Oh wow, I love them both xxx