Saturday 7 August 2010

Distressed Primary

The lovely Emma has decided to go "All Primary" at Allsorts this week and would like us to use two colours from Blue, Red and Yellow.

It is extra exciting this week as Joanna of Sheeny Towers fame is joining us for the month of August as our Guest Designer. I was so thrilled when I asked her and she said yes. Thank you Joanna, I know we will all be inspired by the wonderful work you have created for us.

I had a messy session to create my card, first distressing a piece of cardstock with Tim Holt broken china and mustard seed, then stamping with Hero F5042 with bleach to lift the colour. The main image is stamped onto a piece of card onto which I used the same inks to created a striped effect using a blending tool, then stamping Penny Black 4035K Letters and Flowers using versafine majestic blue and embossing with iridescent powder.

I punched the border with Fiskars threading water and cut away part of the edge, added some pearls and cord and a flower made with punches, spritzed with Glimmer Mist lemon zest.

For those of you who have been following my holiday candy route, I will be back by Monday and be publishing the winners as soon as I can then.

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is awesome, way to go hun!!!!

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Brenda - this card is beautiful,. the backgound is just fabulous,
Looking forward to hearing all about your trip
Lisa ;)

Unknown said...

Oh Bren I love this kind of card you make

Love Dawn xx

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, the colors and technique is gorgeous! Beautiful card.
Hugs, Mindy

Sarenka said...

this card is beautiful

sandra said...

Great technique!
Love this card.
Thank you for taking us to your journey!
So glad that you have been in my country.
Hugs!
Sandra!

La Vikinga said...

Beautiful and a little unusual card!!

And welcome home from your trip! You must have A LOT of amazing photos and a lot of inspiration after such a wonderful vacation. At least I hope so...

Charlotta

mckinkle said...

Gorgeous card Brenda, I still cant help but 'eek' at the thought of putting a stamp in bleach! The results are always beautiful to see but I'm just too much of a scaredy cat!

Keryn x

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is just fabulous! Lots of techniques and details. Lovely.
Lx

Teresa Carini said...

Hello! how beautiful this card! I like many colors and has a very nice technical association!

Helen said...

What a beautiful card! I love the penny black stamp (use it lots!) but have never embossed it yet. Will be checking out this challenge. Hope you get home safely from your fab holiday!

Sarah A said...

Ooooh must have a go at stamping with bleach, it looks FAB!!
hope you have a safe journey home and do not suffer too much from pampering withdrawal symptoms lol
Sarah x

Rosa Forino said...

This is a lovely card... spero ti sia divertita ciaooo

mae said...

Love this card...!!!!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Gorgeous hunni as always!
hope youve had a great holiday...

Emma xxx

Courtney said...

This is beautiful Brenda!

iReneM said...

Cor!! Stunning!!
Love the colours and the bleach stamping - so very effective :-)

x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful creation.

Lynda said...

Inked to perfection! I absolutely love it Brenda.

Love Lynda xxx

Kras said...

Love this card.So glad that you have been in my country.
Great technique!
Thank you for taking us to your journey!
Kras

Linapyssel said...

Wow, what a creation...lots of love and feeling put into this!!
Wishing you a happy wellkomming home!!
Many hugs Lina

Thank you for the fun Challenge you had for us all...guiding us safely around the places you have visited!!! You are truly amazing!

Juls said...

I would never have thought that primary colours could be so grown up and stylish!!! Love this creation! Hugs Juls

Connie said...

Awesome card totally in my style :-) Nice to see somebody else with an artsy style :-) Hope it's ok that I add my self as your follower :-)

Tracy said...

Your inking and techniques are superb, I love this its so beautiful. And the colours go really nicely together.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Merry said...

Such a wonderful card...so many techniques. Love how you cut away part of the border punch. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

cheryl said...

oh wow brenda,hun this really is amazing,just love it so much,hugs cheryl x
ps look forward to hearing about your trip xx

Sarah said...

Wow Brenda, this is stunning, gorgeous colours xxx

Serendipity Stamping said...

I really love what you did with this beautiful card.

Rufus said...

Gorgeous card! Sorry that "our" vacation has to end, but I'll bet you'll be glad to be home.
R/

flummy (sigrid) said...

What a wonderful card!!! I like the colours and the style!!!

Mirabelka said...

stunning! no designers papers! all done by yourself!