Tuesday 4 May 2010

Marks and Spencer gets crafty

Hope everyone had a good long weekend, despite the typical UK bank holiday weather which left a lot to be desired. Nothing too exciting happened here, but I did manage to get well ahead with sample cards for Sir Stampalot and DT work which is mega important with the wedding now less than three weeks away.

I have two very quick cards to share with you, the first is for this weeks weeks Everybody Art challenge which would like to see Pastel Colours and the second for Tuesday Taggers which is Recycling.

So what did I do, well as I said both were fairly simple and quick cards. The first is a Stampalot sample using one of the new release Hero stamps K5373 Flower Trio which I stamped with versafine black and embossed with detail clear, coloured with Tim Holtz mustard seed and tumbled glass adding Diamond Glaze then Stickles to the centres whilst still wet. I created a narrow border round the edge of the main piece of card by masking over the stamped image and stamping with Hero H3317 woven fabric and Hero F5042 leafy swirl with the same TH inks. The sentiment is Penny Black 3940F Life.


The second card is where my friend Mark Spencer lent a helping hand. When I took the packaging off some lemon sole fillets a couple of weeks ago and saw the reverse of the packing with news print I stashed it away and today it got an airing. I distressed it with Tim Holtz worn lipstick, rounded the edges and used it as my background. I made three punched flowers from the offcuts, shaded them with the same ink and spritzed with Glimmer mist vintage pink and dazzling diamonds. The main image is from a Magenta set CS043.

That's about it, other to remind you all about the new Stampalot Challenge where there are oodles of Tim Holtz products up for grabs.

30 comments:

craftymum said...

Fantastic Brenda. A great use of recycling
Love Sarah XXX

Claire said...

Gorgeous creations Brenda - love your recycling, I'll have to start checking the inside of my packaging so I don't miss out lol
claire xx

Lisa Jane said...

wow fab recycling ! I love the newspaper lol. Those flowers are so effective too! Dont tell my partner though lol or he will say why do you have to buy all those papers when an old newspaper will do!!!
Lisa ;)

Mummylade said...

stunning Brenda!

pinky said...

Beautiful cards Brenda and great recycling.
Pinky

PinksyDoodles said...

Beautiful cards Brenda. I adore the top one and love how you have used the TH inks. The background with the fabric and swirl stamps looks great.
I got my 6 new TH inks today so have been having a lovely inky play this afternoon.
Clare x

PatR said...

Great creations Brenda, Seems we were on the same wave length witht the newspaper print. Thanks for joining in the TT challenge again this week.

Lynne K said...

Great cards, Brenda, and brilliant recycling. Did you write "Best fishes" inside?? x

Zoechaos said...

Cards are gorgeous, colour schemes always striking and layouts just work, love them. Thank you for sharing with us at TT again.

Hearts Turned said...

Such beautiful cards, Brenda! Love the newspaper flowers--perfect!

Hope your day is wonderful!

Juls said...

Hi Brenda,

Both of these are just gorgeous!! Love the 2nd one...love the fact it is recycled packaging!!! amazing project! Hugs Juls

Tracy said...

Nice use of recycling, and two really great creations, I love all the stamped images that have been used.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sarah said...

Wow these are completely stunning xxx

Anonymous said...

gorgeous cards!

your rock the stamps so well!

Dragonlady said...

Don't laugh but I thought for a minute M & S had started selling craft stuff!!!! Love your cards and your clever recycling.

Hugs Ali x

Sally H said...

Both beautiful cards. I love them. Love your recycling. I was beginning to worry I might be going a bit strange looking at bits of packaging in the same vein as stash! Thanks for joining us at TT this week!

Beryl said...

Two gorgeous cards Brenda. The recycled packaging is a brilliant idea and the stamp is a beautiful image. The first card has such a lovely colour scheme and your stamped border is divine.
Beryl xx

Fleur said...

Hi B. Both very lovely. Love that silhouette.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Kat said...

Both beautiful cards Brenda. 2nd is my favourite. Love the newsprint in background and in the gorgeous flowers. Great recycling!

Kat x

cheryl said...

wow 2 stunning cards hun so love the images on these love that newsprint in the background and love those flowers too brilliant recyling hugs cheryl xxxx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cards Brenda such wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Lesley Edmonds said...

Fab recylcling Brenda and two gorgeous cards.
Lesley x

Lynda said...

Such creative recycling - I'm impressed! Fabulous cards Brenda.

Love Lynda xxx

Claire Phillips said...

Fabulous cards Brenda - I keep meaning to get creative with newsprint...must add it to the to do list! Believe it or not we had great weather over the weekend - makes a pleasant change in Scotland! Cheers Claire x

Linapyssel said...

Delicious cards Brenda!!! I´m a big fan of using and reusing all kinds of stuff for my crafting and I think if I had a bigger space for my crafty things I´d probably couldn´t throw away anything!! hihihi!!

Have a great evening!
Hugs Lina

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Brenda you are full of inspiration I love both these the red one is gorgeous but I do love that first image just gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Carol said...

Hi Brenda!
Just popping by to say how much I enjoy your blog. Your cards show such lovely originality. Thanks for all the inspiration :-)
juno
xx
Juno's Place
Cards by Carol

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, wow two fabulous and stunning cards, you do seem to get hold of some beautiful images/stamps. Love the flowers to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! They both are just stunning!

Liz Corrigan said...

Two beautiful cards. Great background border on the first one (do like these new Hero Arts stamps they have brought out), and those flowers you have made from recylced papers are gorgeous. Rosie x