Sunday 2 May 2010

Blogger threw a Hissy Fit

Looks like all the scheduled activity on my blog this weekend was all too much to cope with for Mr Blogger and he threw a real hissy fit. My first scheduled post for Stampaot popped up OK Saturday, but the other three were going nowhere it seems and I only just realised, so for speed I have combined them all into this one post, which cover this weeks Allsorts challenge, the new May challenge at By the Cute and Girly and this fornights one from Rosie D's. I also reckon two (above and bottom of post) fit this weeks Penny Black challenge Lets Get Punchy so here goes with that as well.


You might remember that I told you last week I had got my projects a bit muddled for Allsorts, but now I can share the one I had prepared which I said would fit Kirsten Animal theme just perfectly. The clock is a kit from Kaiser Craft courtesy of Sir Stampalot and includes the template and clock workings so you end up with a project that actually works......how cool is that.

The wooden clock template has two pre cut apertures, in one I put a picture and the other Penny Black 2685J Dance onto a piece of textured cardstock to go into the other. I used Kasier DP to cover the clock, drawing my colour choice from the photograph of Anysia taking part in Strictly Come Showjumping last December. I was actually so pleased when I saw the picture she had chosen because whilst I would normally have used one with a horse, I thought in view of her accident I would let her select a picture and half expected a holiday one, but no horses are still first priority with her. The stamping is from Magenta CS-043 and Roman numerals cut with a Sizzix die with pearls for the other hours.

Next the May challenge at By the Cute and Girly and this month Jenny has chosen the theme Celebrations, lots of scope there for whatever might be going on in your cardmaking calendar. As I have a list of Wedding card orders and not forgetting those I will be needing for the wedding of one of our sons at the end of this month, that's the celebration I am going with.

My first card (at the top of this post) follows the colours scheme for our sons wedding of white and burgundy. I punched the leading edge of the card with Martha Stewart eyelet lace, distressed with Tim Holtz fired brick then stamped with Hobby Art GR1341F Shakespeare Sonnet using the same TH ink. The main image is Penny Black 4035K letters and Flowers stamped with black versafine and embossed with detail clear over a background if the same TH ink and spritzed with Glimmer Mist iridescent gold. The swirl is JudiKins 3347F and the sentiment which I think is lovely for a romantic card is Penny Black 4070F Dreams. Roses made from paper, pearl stamens and more pearls and cord tied around the card.

My second card is more traditional, roses again embossed round the edges with detail gold embossing powder and borders and corner punched with Martha Stewart embossed heart. The sentiment is Art Impression J3398 stamped with versamark and embossed with detail gold and cut with Nesties through the Big Shot. Some ribbon across the card and a pin with a pearl added. Oh yes and the DP is Magnolia.

And finally but by no means last, at Rosie D's Saskia is hosting the challenges this month and has come up with the theme So Yummy - cupcakes, chocolates etc. I've had this stamp since it came out as a cling back in January so thought it was time to give it it's first inking up. It is Penny Black 30-016 Hedgehogs Birthday which I stamped with versafine back and embossed with detail clear and coloured with Copics giving the cake a liberal coating of glitter.

The DP is Magnolia, the punch Martha Stewart doily lace and the sentiment is Penny Black 4070F Dream which I thought was perfect to go with Hedgie blowing out his candles. I bought the ribbon with the row of cupcake ages ago and knew the occasion would eventually come when I found a use for it, so thanks Saskia.

41 comments:

Juls said...

wow you have been busy!!!! Love your first card...you do this style so well, I am always in awe of it! so gorgeous and elegant!

and the clock is just such a gorgeous creatve idea! Hugs Juls

PinksyDoodles said...

Gorgeous cards & clock Brenda, they are all beautiful but my favorite is the first card.
Clare x

Mummylade said...

gorgeous projects - all of them!!

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, love the clock, what a wonderful idea. Cards are lovely as well. Anesha

Tracy said...

Lots of lovely gorgeousness to see here Brenda, each one is as wonderful as the next. The first card is my favourite.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lisa Jane said...

All gorgeous Brenda.. You have been really busy.
Enjoy whats left of the Bank Holiday weekend
Lisa ;)

Unknown said...

Wow Brenda you have been busy they are all gorgeous, but my fav is the first one stunning creations
Christine x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Brenda,

They are all lovely cards. Hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday.

Hugs Ali x

Saskia said...

Great work Brenda! You're so creative!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Helen said...

Sometimes, blogger leaves me bemused!! Love all these projects - my fave is the first one too, I think cos I have the PB stamp (I love it) but I think the way you've accesorised it is just amazing. The clock project is fab too, I must have a go at one of these.

Kerry said...

Fab projects Brenda, love them all.

Zoechaos said...

All gorgeous and wonderful love the top one so elegant its the flowers and colours and extra trimmings. Clock is magic, how is Anysia doing now, and you seem to remember mention of Shingles?

Sally H said...

Oh wow! I love them all, but I think the first is probably my favourite! So elegant, more gorgeous roses and lovely stamps.

pinky said...

Wow they are all just gorgeous, that clock is something else! Need a bit of help Brenda, I need to stamp WEDDING PARTY in jet black in and emboss but when I use my versafine or stazon its looks too pale against the black image. Any suggestions?
Pinky

Fliss said...

Wow! You have been busy and it's all totally fabulous-no wonder Mr Blogger couldn't cope lol.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend in spite of the weather.
xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Brenda
just catching up on some wonderful creations of yours. Can't belive you would have probs with any large card, Joanna Sheen is wow with big cards why not have a gander at her webstore.
Love your castle fit for a princess.
takecare. janex

Beryl said...

Wow Brenda - what a fantastic selection of projects. The clock is brilliant - such a personal piece to treasure and the top card is fabulous. The second - more traditional wedding card is beautiful and the cupcake one is just gorgeous.
Beryl xx

Claire Phillips said...

Great projects Brenda - also having problems with blogger keeps saving posts back as drafts! Ah well....keeps life interesting! Cheers Claire x

craftimamma said...

Brilliant projects on this post Brenda. If I had to choose a favourite (and I'm glad it's not compulsory, Lol) I think it would have to be the first one but they are all gorgeous.

The clock is a wonderful idea!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sadilla said...

Hi dear!
I love the clock, very original work... but the weding card is just Gorgeous!!! I love it so elegant and smart... lovely!!
HUgs
sadia

Lynda said...

They're absolutely fab - all of them!

Love Lynda xxx

irinka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
irinka said...

Beautiful projects, all of them. But I LOVE first card the most

coldwaters2 said...

OH Brenda these are WOW that clock I just adore I must have ago at that one for sure and the other cards are so beautiful

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kat said...

You've been really busy Brenda. Love all the cards but the clock is really special.

Kat x

cheryl said...

wow hun how brilliant are all these love that clock but my fav is the first one just love it,so differnet brilliant,you are so creative hun hugs cheryl xxxxx

Nikbee said...

Stunning projects Brenda. I love them all, but I think the first ismy favourite.

Nikki x

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, these are all amazing! I was awed at the first one and then they kept coming, each one so pretty in it's own way. Wonderful work!

Louise said...

Wow brenda you have been busy and all gorgeous , not been keeping up with looking at blogs due to lack of time but all your cards are fab.
louise xx

Silli said...

Wonderful creations dear Brenda, I love your work.... HUGS and happy monday!

Linapyssel said...

Hi Brenda!
Lovelly clock...very nice and very inventive!
The carda are all so great and the top one is just Brenda with a big B!!!!

Have a great day in your crafty corner!!
Hugs Lina

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled onto your blog...beautiful cards!!! I'll be back :D

Jacee said...

Oh wow, gorgeous work, you are a very talented crafter Brenda, fabulous!!

issy said...

They are all beauties, Brenda. I dont know how you come up with so many designs. But I do love to come and see them.

x
issy

Beth said...

Naughty blogger! These are too gorgeous to not be published, I adore the top card, beautiful image and colours! Thanks for joining in with the PB challenge!

Love Beth xx

Liz Corrigan said...

Brenda what a stunning set of creations. How amazing the clock looks and love the colours of the first card, but then the little hedgie and mouse are so sweet. Rosie x

Deb said...

Fabulous cards, I love the colors and embellishments, they are all gorgeous creations
xxx

Kath Stewart said...

lots of gorgeous cards brenda.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxxx

Sarn said...

WOW . . .they are truly fabulous cards. I LOVE them.

Tonje said...

Wow, that was a bunch of fabolous cards! So much inspiration to get here, so many styles. I love it!

June said...

Gorgeous gorgeous cards, you are so talented
hugs June xxxxx