Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Vibrant blooms and Autumn snippets


Morning all, mid way inspiration day at We Love Stamping where we are following Avril's theme of Summer Blooms. Prizes are Penny Black stamps and stencil from Buddly Crafts.

Rather criminal how I created this one but I knew exactly what I wanted as a finished piece but with the exception of Penny Black Natures Jewels all the PB stamps are really old wood mounted ones (Blush, Floral Silhouette and Aspire) and could only be achieve using the spin tool off their blocks, so what did I do? Yes, I carefully peeled all three from the wood blocks and along with Versafine Clair inks created my floral wreath...........then stuck all back onto their wood blocks! Try it on Tuesday's new them is Inspired by a Song so as an opera lover The Flower Duet from Lakmé came immediately to mind. Also entering another at Beautiful Blossoms under A/G this time and In the Garden at Cupcake Inspirations and Off to the Tropics at Retro Rubber.


There's a new Snippets challenge and I have one to share there as well. I've always enjoyed playing with A&C's Crunched Leafdrops and Leafinity Detailed (currently on offer as a set following the second link) and after seeing a card on Pinterest using black for leaves decided to give it a go with the A&C ones.

Autumn with a difference creating the base with A&C Starflight dies, background with Oxides then stamping the leaves onto the base layers and then black card and all heat embossed with detail white EP (no idea why some look red tinged in my photo). A tad busy but went all out with everything on my desk including some scrim I'd just dipped in coffee to colour it and some washi tape. The sentiment is PB Happy Wishes. Classic Designs would like Die Cuts and it's Washi Tape at Girlz Rebel.

And my snippets.

32 comments:

Sarn said...

WOW - your floral card for WLS is so colourful and vibrant . . . but, for me, the Crunched Leafdrops card is the show stopper. It's just SO striking. Love the black against the Oxide colours you chose. Simply fabulous. Thanks for sharing at the Snippets Playground. Sit by the paddling pool and I'll bring you something refreshing over. xxx

Linby said...

Love your mandala style stamping and the bright colours, it's such an effective design. Black leaves! they look fab what a striking make it is.

Chris said...

Wow, the first card is very striking in those beautiful vibrant colours, it was brave to remove the stamps from their blocks but I'm sure they're good as new now!
The second is absolutely stunning, couldn't take my eyes off it! Love the design, shape, leaves...all of it.
xx

pinky said...

Oh I love your bold mandala card Brenda. The colours are gorgeous together. Your snippets make is just gorgeous. Love the embossed leaves.

Craftyfield said...

Funny the lengths we go to realise a crafty vision... Well worth the result though! Wonderful make with the new AALL & Create die (another one I will end up buying...), I love the background and the black leaves. x

meg said...

Beautiful vibrant colours and layout on your floral card and fabulous embossed leaves on your snippets card

LesleyG said...

You did a great job using your spin tool and adapted stamps, lovely bright colours, and your leaves card is a feast for the eyes with a fab shape. I did do a detour to A&C and nearly forgot to return 😂xxx

EmmaT said...

2 beautiful but totally different creations. I took all my stamps off wood blocks years ago like so many did as so much easier for storage and use. Hats off for sticking them back on afterwards, well worth it with the design

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and gorgeous card Brenda.............gr karin

Sandra H said...

Absolutely beautiful pieces of work both have gorgeous colours and that PB stamp is stunning loveydmbossed leaves too on your 2nd card adore them both xx

Aquarius said...

Super work as always. The black leaves really have impact - a brilliant choice. Brave move to remove stamps from the wooden blocks too and well done for putting them back again afterwards

kiwimeskreations said...

Amazing work Brenda - I have never seen flowers flowing so beautifully in a geometric design - that is stunning!!
Your black and white leaves were a great choice - something to remember :)
Blessings
Maxine

Sarah said...

LOVE the colours on your spin tool card Brenda (psst, I have unstuck grey stamps from blocks and stuck them back on too!!) and that leaf set is very tempting indeed xx

My name is Erika. said...

That bright wreath is really eye catching Brenda. I like how you created a little swirl around a center point too.Those colors are perfect for summer. And your autumn piece is just as lovely. I think I need tos tamp some white leaves on black. They are as eye-catching as the bright wreath flowers. Sorry to read about the heat and how it effected your garden too. Last year I had some similar issues. It's sad, but you can't change the weather unfortunately. Have a lovely rest of your week. hugs-Erika

Liz said...

Two super creations, Brenda. I love the bright summery design on your first card. I’ve not been brave enough to take any of my stamps off their wooden blocks. Your snippets card is beautiful, great colour combination and I love all the texture.
Liz xx

HilaryJane said...

Oh, I do love the vibrancy of your first card. Just wonderful. How patient of you to stick the stamps back on the blocks. I only have a few on wooden blocks and several of those have been removed and they have stayed removed. Hope you are feeling better now xx

Greta said...

Wonderful card using the old stamps, but my favorite is the gorgeous make for Snippets Playground!

Mervi said...

Fabulous creations, love the black effect on the second one, very striking.

Di said...

Two amazing cards B! Love the vibrant colours on the first one - and the snippetty crunched leaves make is stunning!
Hugs
Di xx

Donna Walls said...

A colorful and happy card, love the colors you've used and a clever stamping technique too. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, and sharing your lovely card with us.
Donna xx
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge

Neva Cole said...

Isn't it fun to be able to use wooden mounted stamps creatively? Very colorful and pretty card. Thank you for joining us a Retro Rubber!

Claire Grantham said...

That is such dedication to your craft. Well done! I would have left them off of the blocks. I think your card is stunning and was worth the effort. Thanks for joining us at retro rubber this time. Claire RR DT

Mrs.B said...

Love the bold floral wreath and very brave of you to remove the stamp from the block but I bet they're as good as new now, The arched Autumn themed card is fabulous, love the die cut black embossed leaves, definitely a show stopper. Avril x

Donna said...

Fabulous colors, like the blooms and the bright colors, your fall snippets card is creative and stunning!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful mandala, love these colours! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Good luck with your husband's eye problems. It sounds scary, and I hope it can be quickly fixed.

Inkyfingers said...

I love how these creations are so different from each other, Brenda! The first card is so vibrant and I love how you repeat stamped with the spinny tool to create such a beautiful wreath. The second card is so unusual and artsy. I love the colour mix in the background - perfect to highlight the embossed foliage. Such great texture.
Hope you're recovery is going well.
Hugs,
Carol x
Hugs,
Carol x

Nora Noll said...

This is fabulous!! I love how you used the theme on your card. Thank you for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Pat said...

Beautiful floral card, I love the images and the gorgeous vibrant colours you have used. The black and silver leaves on your second one are gorgeous. Two beautiful makes.

Pat xx

Conny said...

Wow.. Brenda.. love your Autumn creation.. so beautiful!!!
Hugs,
Conny

Tina Z. said...

Wow, I love mandala-like first card, so colourful. And very striking card with leaves. Stunning.
Crafty hugs xx

Nonni said...

Such a fun, colorful card! Thank you for joining us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!