Morning all, mid way inspiration day at We Love Stamping where we are following Avril's theme of Summer Blooms. Prizes are $30 store voucher from Taylored Expressions and Penny Black stamp set and stencil from Buddly Crafts.
Rather criminal how I created this one but I knew exactly what I wanted as a finished piece but with the exception of Penny Black Natures Jewels all the PB stamps are really old wood mounted ones (Blush, Floral Silhouette and Aspire) and could only be achieve using the spin tool off their blocks, so what did I do? Yes, I carefully peeled all three from the wood blocks and along with Versafine Clair inks created my floral wreath...........then stuck all back onto their wood blocks! Try it on Tuesday's new them is Inspired by a Song so as an opera lover The Flower Duet from Lakmé came immediately to mind. Also entering another at Beautiful Blossoms under A/G this time and In the Garden at Cupcake Inspirations.
There's a new Snippets challenge and I have one to share there as well. I've always enjoyed playing with A&C's Crunched Leafdrops and Leafinity Detailed (currently on offer as a set following the second link) and after seeing a card on Pinterest using black for leaves decided to give it a go with the A&C ones.
Autumn with a difference creating the base with A&C Starflight dies, background with Oxides then stamping the leaves onto the base layers and then black card and all heat embossed with detail white EP (no idea why some look red tinged in my photo). A tad busy but went all out with everything on my desk including some scrim I'd just dipped in coffee to colour it and some washi tape. The sentiment is PB Happy Wishes. Classic Designs would like Die Cuts and it's Washi Tape at Girlz Rebel.
And my snippets.



3 comments:
WOW - your floral card for WLS is so colourful and vibrant . . . but, for me, the Crunched Leafdrops card is the show stopper. It's just SO striking. Love the black against the Oxide colours you chose. Simply fabulous. Thanks for sharing at the Snippets Playground. Sit by the paddling pool and I'll bring you something refreshing over. xxx
Love your mandala style stamping and the bright colours, it's such an effective design. Black leaves! they look fab what a striking make it is.
Wow, the first card is very striking in those beautiful vibrant colours, it was brave to remove the stamps from their blocks but I'm sure they're good as new now!
The second is absolutely stunning, couldn't take my eyes off it! Love the design, shape, leaves...all of it.
xx
Post a Comment