Sunday, 2 August 2026

Dance like no one's watching


Morning all, much to my frustration back to short posts and comments again after Thursday's surgery, but we have a new challenge starting today at We Love Stamping where Avril has selected the theme of Summer Blooms and we have prizes of Penny Black stamps and stencil from Buddly Crafts.

Fortunately made weeks ago using Penny Black Spontaneous JoyBerry Beauty and Dance, Sing Love (discontinued) repeat stamping the images around a square panel using the stamping platform, inked direct to stamp with Ecoline pens and spritzed with water to build the colour. I then randomly cut out the centre roughly cutting around the images and placed over the sentiment around which stencilling was added. Linking under A/G at Penny Black Saturday and Sunday Stamps.


Also have my card for Card Chain challenge which went to Jo and I received a gorgeous Dog card from Gail which was very timely and brought a smile to my face the day after surgery. I followed the colour options and ink blending. 

23 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Brenda.......gr karin

Aquarius said...

Again I've had to scroll way down to find your latest posts both of which contain some beautiful work. Here's hoping you recover swiftly and without too much frustration on the crafting front. Take care x.

meg said...

Beautiful bold reds and an inspirational sentiment,this post hasn't appeared on my reading list, blogger still not updating properly yet

Janette said...

Beautiful Brenda.. hope your feeling better xxxx

Lisa said...

Your bold red blooms look stunning arranged around the panel, and the way you built the color with spritzed inks and added the stenciled detail around the sentiment gives the design a dramatic lively feel that captures the spirit of summer beautifully.

HilaryJane said...

Lovely cards today Brenda. I especially like the card chain challenge card and I have just visited the card Gail sent you. I can see why it made you smile. Isn't it great. Wishing you a speeding and full recovery xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards, beautiful stamps and love the sentiment.
Carol x

pinky said...

Beautiful splash of vibrant colours again and one of my favourite sentiments. Gorgeous card Brenda.

Lynne said...

Both fabulous cards. Take care of yourself and rest up.

Chris said...

The first card is so striking with those bold red blooms- love the water colour effect and the lovely sentiment.
The second is so pretty, love the shape and delicate stamps.
Had to check out Gail's fabulous card...you had me at dog! xx

Mrs.B said...

Two lovely cards Brenda, love the bold floral images and that's always a lovely sentiment. The arched card is so pretty.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Avril xx

Mervi said...

Both cards are lovely and fabulous.

Sandra H said...

Two absolutely amazing cards as always, hopefully your mending quickly sending hugs xx

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful red florals on your first card, Brenda - and came to see your Card Chain creation - so lovely in the arch with the wild flowers and butterflies! Hope you recover quickly your recent surgery! Don't over do! Julia xx

Angelnorth said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda, the bright florals definitely say summer and I love your take on the CCC options this time. I hope recovery is smooth and steady, take care of yourself.

Heather said...

So pretty, Brenda, I really like this bold card! Great sentiment, too. Sorry to hear about your surgery, sending healing prayers your way! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Donna said...

Two gorgeous floral cards, like the deep color and sentiment on the first, and the second is stunning and peaceful!

Sarn said...

Both cards are so beautiful. The first is really bold and striking and the second is so pretty and a great shape. xxx

creationsnz said...

Both fabulous, but must say I l-o-v-e the splashy RED! CarolG

creationsnz said...

ps. hope you are better soon and crafting again.

My name is Erika. said...

Those red flowers are bold and gorgeous. They make an amazing garden on your card. These are beautiful Brenda. I hope you have a wonderful new week ahead. hugs-Erika

LesleyG said...

Two beautiful floral cards, particularly like the arched one with pretty coloured butterflies. Take care xxx

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous makes Brenda. I love your style.
Hope you are well and everything went to plan at the weekend. Emma seems to be falling out of love with cricket - I think she's fed up of fighting for her place and having adults of other players telling her she's no good.
Did well opening against Lancs - got 93 and another good innings against Shropshire in a T20 - 59 from 28 balls. Only a couple of games left now. Just hope she can focus on the good games and trial for a womens team in October....fingers crossed.

Lorraine x