Saturday 20 November 2021

One for the Girls at Allsorts


Morning Peeps, time for a new challenge at Allsorts and this week I am your host with the theme of 'One for the Girls'. We have two prizes on offer, a Woodware stamp and a Tattered Lace die, both with a feminine feel.

A quick question, has anyone else found on the Blogger dashboard that the 'load more' option is not working to allow you to look back at any posts you may have missed? For example, this morning I can't see back beyond my Allsorts teamies posts at 8am, yet I know there will be more before which I can't access.

First up a tall DL card, starting place a Gelli Plate panel from the 'background drawer'.......like lots of us I have a splurge of total messiness every now and then, I find it good to have the starting place that I can 'tart up' when I get to stamping. This one was aqua shades of acrylics and gold metallic pain.

The lovely Hellebore is from AALL and Create called Gem of a Plant, stamped with Versfaine Black and heat embossed with detail clear EP which I usually do on acrylic backgrounds as inks can take some time to dry on acrylic and I'm not a huge fan of Stayzon other than for acetate, although the smell is addictive. A couple of die cut hexagons, a Penny Black sentiment and an index clip to finish which I 'splodged' with the same gold paint and a matching envie.


Another with a stamped enive and another Gelli Plate background this time using some corrugated to create the patterns. The Daisy image is huge but so pretty, I stamped the whole stamp onto the background then the Daisy a second time on to card sprayed with Distress Mica Stains, unfortunately you will have be believe me that the shimmer is beautiful. The sentiment is a line from within the main image stamped a second time onto white card and cut into pieces as is my habit. Finally a little Blackbird down the bottom because I thought he was cute, but that's as close to cute as I get.

Happy weekend everyone and thanks as always for your kind support and words of encouragement. 
 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

38 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

2 very beautiful flower cards Brenda

gr karin

meg said...

Two beautiful floral cards with brilliant backgrounds in gorgeous colours

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards Brenda, such beautiful designs.

Using my iPad I sometimes have the same problem with ‘Load More’. It I click on View Blog and then go into the editing page again, the Load More works. Very strange!

Liz said...

Ignore what I’ve just said about Load More. It doesn’t seem to be working at all today. 😞 xx

Crafting Queen said...

These are wonderful cards. I love the colours. Can see you are loving your new stamps. Hugs Anesha

Pat said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, I love your gorgeous backgrounds. Just tried load more and it's working on my laptop but not on my ipad!! Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

crafty-stamper said...

My load more option not working either thought it was my computer-obviously not!Both fabulous cards and backgrounds and love all your stamps.
Carol x

Pauline C said...

Stunning cards Brenda .. your gel plate backgrounds are awesome .. is this another experiment I feel coming on?? Your stamps are also stunning .. fab end results. I haven’t tried Load this morning .. will have a look
Pauline x

Sarn said...

Oh my goodness I am totally in love with BOTH of these cards. They are just gorgeous - especially the golden daisy one.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Marianne said...

Such lovely makes, Brenda. I especilly love the soft colours of the first one. I did experience a problem with the Load more button yesterday. I’m also having a problem commenting on my mobile (Apple) devices.
Marianne c

Marianne said...

Commenting on your post worked, so not sure why it’s not working on others.
Marianne x

Gerrina said...

I love both cards even, so mo favorite...they are just beautiful!
I have the same problem with the blogrol since yesterday and it is so frustrating! Hope that will be fixed back to normal soon!
Wishing you a good weekend!

Lynne said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda with beautiful colours. My "Load More" isn't working either x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Two beautiful cards love them both. Google blogger is being a nightmare at the moment I have not been able to comment on my ipad and yes the view more is not working pain in the proverbial.
Love Alison

Ellibelle said...

Load more is not working here either!
Both your cards are gorgeous, beautiful gelli print backgrounds, I really need to get my gelli plate out again and have a play just for fun to create/ collect backgrounds.

Chris said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, love the backgrounds...feeling an urge to ink up the gel plate now! The first one is so pretty in soft aqua with the delicate hellebore stamp, the colours on the second ar so vibrant- stunning with that big bold daisy.
(Load button not working here either- hope it's just a blip!)
xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Brenda, I too am having trouble loading more posts, I'm pleased that I'm not the only one. At this moment in time I have no idea how to fix it.
Your cards are beautiful, such gorgeous floral images and colours, I love your background stamping.
Hope your having a lovely weekend, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two beautiful cards, love the bold colours and fabulous backgrounds you have created too.
Lorraine

Mervi said...

Those new stamps are so gorgeous as the cards too, stunning;-))m

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my these are two very beautiful cards Brenda I adore the colour and design on the first one it looks amazing with the background and the different shapes added, it is times like this when I am sure I must be blinkered I sometimes miss the little extras I could add to my makes, that second card is a WOW one the image and the colours are fantastic, superb work
hugs
lorraine x

Sandra H said...

Really pretty cards x

LesleyG said...

Yes! Load more wasn’t working at all! I sent feedback, what good that will do ;)
Wow what beautiful cards and envies! Absolutely stunning Brenda xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ciao Brenda,
sì,lo stesso problema con il pulsante "carica altri" succede anche a me! E mi succede anche che i pulsanti per inviare i commenti sui blog sembrano non funzionare bene, a volte ci mettono molto tempo per inviare!
Due cards floreali così belle e i tuoi sfondi sono sempre così interessanti! Adoro acqua e oro assieme!! Quella grande margherita è davvero la star della card e adoro l'effetto del cartone ondulato per creare texture! Il particolare dell'uccellino è delizioso!

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaarten

Linby said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the soft colours on the first one and the addition of the hexagons and tag make it so interesting. The second one is just such a glorious riot of colour.

Craftyfield said...

Both cards are so gorgeous Brenda! I'm with you I don't like Stazon... x

Carole said...

Two fabulous cards (as usual) Brenda. Love them both but I REALLY like the colours in the first one...my favourites. Very arty and I am sure shimmery too. xx

Wendy L said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda.
Yes Blogger being a pain again, xxx

Vee Cassidy said...

Beautiful projects and as I love blues that will be my favourite. On my list it only shows 10 but it allows me to select "view all" but it is not permanent it always defaults to the shorter list. At it is updating again - for a while it would not. V xx

Vee Cassidy said...

*at least Vee xx

Greta said...

So artistic & beautiful! I especially love the second card--wonderfully elegant!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant colours, lovely designs. x

Sarah said...

Oh thank goodness I wasn't the only one with the "load more" problem!! It looks as though it has resolved itself though as I can now scroll back. I was blaming myself for upgrading to Windows 11!! What lovely cards Brenda and I just knew that florals would feature. I hope the new family member has arrived safely and that Ben and Heskey are looking after her xx

HilaryJane said...

I have got myself behind again, so sorry for my late visit. I have really fallen for your red and orange creation, it is completely stunning xx

Fikreta said...

Your cards are gorgeous!
hugs

Zoechaos said...

Love how you are embracing your new AALL and Create stamps you have created something special with them here. xx

EmmaT said...

Beautiful creation. Blogger seems very temperamental these days!!!

Lee said...

Beautiful love them.x