Wednesday 12 September 2018

Ellie the Elephant


Hello Peeps, today it's my turn again to post over at the Chocolate Baroque blog with more of my samples from the recent Hochanda TV shows using the beautiful Eastern inspired stamps and for simplicity I have just lifted my post from there.

The Elephant shaped card above was cut from a mask I purchased a long while ago to make cards for our youngest Granddaughter who loves anything related to Elephants, she treasures a small pink Elephant she had as a baby named Ellie.......it must be the most travelled Elephant ever as it goes everywhere with her. 

I stenciled the background with Silhouette Palace 1, stamped the Elephant from Indian Elephant and coloured in with pencils, then stamped using Distress Markers direct to stamp flowers from Indian Elephant and Indian Textiles, cut them out and fixed across the top of the Elephant and added some peral strings.


Here I have used the large Elephant from Paisley Elephant which I stamped and then masked so I could stamp the background with the script stamp from the same stamp set. After removing the mask I coloured the image with sparkle pens and randomly stamped around the edges with Natures Paisley. Finally I added some gold lace to the bottom, gold pearls to the Elephant and mounted into corrugated to which I had added some gold embossing.


I have to confess to really linking the Palace on the Indian Textiles stamp set, this time I used Versafine Toffee and stamped onto cream card which I first stamped with the script from Natures Paisley and added some stenciling using Silhouette Palce 1 using a sponge from which I dabbed off most of the the ink to achieve a soft finish. Then I used the edge of the border stamp from Indian Textiles across the top.
 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

26 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three very inspiring cards, especially love the idea of that elephant mask to stamp inside! The second one looks so pretty with the corrugate and distressed cardstock and the gold lace! The natural tones of the last one make it so delicate and perfect also for masculine recipients.
Abbi una buona giornata!
Abbracci

Crafting Queen said...

All three creations are wonderful!!!. Hope your furry baby is doing better. Skipper has some antibiotics yesterday and is eating better. Hugs Anesha

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous elephant projects Brenda - I particularly love the indian scene you created in the last one
Blessings
Maxine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three wonderful card Brenda, I especially like the bottom one.

Sue xx

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE your Indian inspired artwork today, Brenda. The elephants are FAB - they are such beautiful creatures and so fascinating. I love the shaped card and the following artsy one. But I really love your Indian palace card - it's so striking and you've achieved a great layered look with the background stencilling over the text. Wonderful.

My Granddaughter has a Snuggle Bunny she won't be parted from and who is also extremely well travelled, so I really can imagine how lovingly Ellie is treasured.

Cath x

aussie aNNie said...

These are all beautiful, the gorgeous elephants make a fabulous card.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful samples Brenda and love the first elephant shaped card with the stamp on
Carol x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and exotic cards, all three;-))m

Mrs.B said...

Love the two Elephant themed cards, as I love anything to do with Elephants and the Indian Palaces card is stunning, the stencilling creates a wonderful depth to the background.
Avril xx

Dora said...

beautiful!

Astrid Maclean said...

The two elephant cards are both wonderful, specially like no. 2, though the one in the elephant shape is gorgeous too, as are the Indian palaces, such a wonderful stamp that and the stencilling looks lovely!!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These are lovely. V clever card shape

Kathleen said...

Now you do realise that I will be singing "Nellie the elephant " all night now. Good job you can't hear me but Chris won't be too happy.
Three brilliant cards.

Kath x

Donna Ellis said...

Your creativity knows no boundaries, Brenda! These are amazing! Hugs, de

Greta said...

So unique, beautiful & artsy! Love them, Brenda!

Anke said...

All your three creations are wonderful and so lovely, Brenda. I love your elephant shaped card.

Hugs
Anke

Gerrina said...

Your slefant looks so playfull on the first card; like it a lot!! But my favorite is the last card; I do like silhouettes... and the soft colours and shadow look great! Hugs, Gerrina

pinky said...

Beautiful cards Brenda. The colours in the first two are so pretty.

Mrs A. said...

Goregous elephants. Last card looks very classy. Hugs Mrs A.

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous Indian themed cards Brenda you elephant cards are beautiful and love the soft background on your silhouette card, your cards are always inspiring Brenda

Anne

ALI said...

Wow Brenda, these are fantastic Indian themed cards x

Sarah said...

Love these themed beauties Brenda. The shaped card is fabulous xx

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful and unique creations, love the oriental themes of the cards!

KandA said...

Three beautiful creations especially the first elephant shaped card xx

Fikreta said...

Very nice creations
hugs

Merry said...

Morning Brenda, I'm just dropping by to say Hi while I'm on holidays. As per normal you have amazing work on your blog and very inspiring. Love the first card with the elephant shape - very clever. I hope you are feeling well again now. Take care