Saturday 22 September 2018

By the lakeside


Morning Peeps, time for our new Allsorts challenge and this week Helene would like to see creation with 'Water or the colour Blue'. Our sponsor is Craft Obsessions offering a £15 store voucher.

Had my Papworth Hospital appointment yesterday, an hour of breathing tests, x.rays and then the consultant who told me I have Pneumonitis. They think they caught it early and after another CT scan to accurately identify the areas of inflammation it should be treatable. Quite a relief as all sorts have been going round by head since it was picked up by accident on a scan for my kidneys.

So onto my DT pieces for this week, for the top one I created a lakeside scene using an Inkylicious stamps I received for my Birthday (thanks Sal), the stamp is actually what you see to the left hand side of my card but I could visualise it as a larger lake. So I created a reverse image by stamping onto acetate using Versamark black, laid my piece of card over the top so the image was to the left when looking at it face on, being very careful to gently but firmly rub all over the back without letting it move. I then stamped the image directly onto the card so that the scene was extended. I coloured in with pencils and Pan Pastels, added some glossy accents and glitter to the water, stamped some birds and mounted onto a piece of corrugated.


My second one is the result of watching a catch up show where John (next door) was demoing with some new Crafts Too stamp sets and being a scenic girl I had to have a couple of them. I have never ordered from Hochanda as I find their £6.99 postage excessive so was very pleased to find them on Joanna Sheen's website where I have shopped for many years, their service is great and free pps on orders over £10.

I stamped the images which are a two part system roughly where I could visualise the scene, then built up around them with torn paper masks and Pan Pastels and finally glossy accents and glitter on the water. I am going to have fun making more with these stamps. Hubby thinks the images are disproportionate and the boat looks like a cruise ship sitting on the horizon but as I told him it's all subjective!!

Please pop over to the challenge blog to see the inspiration from my teamies.


I really didn't think I would get round to making something for the current Butterfly Challenge as I have been snowed under making samples for the next Chocolate Baroque Hochanda shows, but eventually found an hour of  'me time' to make something. The Butterfly wheel this time round has the options of Azure, Apricot, Amethyst, Button, Ribbons, Layers and of course a Butterfly and I managed all elements albeit there is only the one button and a smidgen of ribbon. I used Distress Oxides to create a background and stamped Chocolate Baroque Honeysuckle Butterfly centrally and stamped the Butterflies once more and coloured all in the sparkle pens........I find these work really well on inky backgrounds as they cover without the need to bleach out the colour.

Then some random background stamping and stencilling, picked out a few of the spots and embossed with detail white powder. The quote is from my favourite CB sentiment set Words of Inspiration masked and stamped so that it could be added as three pieces and finally added the Butterflies and sentiment using foam pads to give my layers, a tiny button and bow on the large Butterflies thorax and of course wire antenna.
 
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.

38 comments:

Wendy L said...

Wonderful cards Brenda.
Lets hope they can get you sorted out with the breathing now, xxx

Craftyfield said...

I had to interrupt my reading of your post to check out the new Crafts Too stamps... I love scenes too and layered stamping makes things so much more realistic! I admired your reverse stamping on the first card, nothing gives it away, and the second scene has a lovely soft quality (ignore the hubby's sense of perspective, he might have a point but we are crafters, and not constrained by pesky things like that!!!). xx

gwen70 said...

Wonderful cards Brenda do love your scenes. Going to look at Joanna Sheens website now been looking for those stamps. Thanks for the tip

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards B, they are always full of beauty and colour.
Sorry to read you are still struggling with your health and sending you healing hugs.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are gorgeous Brenda great scenery

gr karin

nnalorac said...

Your scenic cards are just beautiful and love the flower butterfly one, so pretty. Sorry to hear yet another health problem for you, hopefully get it sorted out soon. Carol xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, your cards are beautiful. Hope they can treat you effectively. So glad your baby is doing better. Sending hugs Anesha

Sally H said...

Gorgeous creations, Brenda, and you are very welcome - love what you have done with it. Can't wait to see you at Doncaster xxx

Eva Olmo said...

Beautiful cards Brenda! Congratulations! I love your cards!
A hug!

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful creations Brenda, love the water scenes and the butterfly one is so pretty too!

Mummylade said...

Scenes are really you! And you managed the mirrored image perfectly, I tend to mess it up lots when I try it.

Linby said...

Lovely scenic makes - so tranquil.Beautiful colour butterfly card.
Hope the hospital sort everything out now they know what they are dealing with for you.
L x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous scenes, fabulous cards.
More fever today;-))m

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Brenda, hopefully now that the medics know what's happening they can start to treat it and your breathing will get easier.
Beautiful cards, everyone of them. your designs and colours are wonderful, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Love the water scenes cards both very classy creations. Super background on the butterfly card and great colouring of the images.
Glad to hear that it was picked up in time and can be treatable.

Kath x

Carole said...

Lovely cards Brenda.Clever creation of the scene in the first one , with the acetate.Who can resist a butterfly?...yours are beautiful and I like the button as a finishing touch. xx

Greta said...

Oh what beautiful scenes, but I'm really drawn to your butterfly card--just stunning! Hope everything gets better now that they know the problem. Sending hugs, Greta

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

All beautiful cards Brenda and the first two have such a peaceful feel to them. Both beautifully composed and with great stamping and colouring too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Mia said...

GORGEOUS cards, Brenda. Beautiful scenes and lovely colours. I love the encouragement sentiment on the last one. Kisses, my friend.

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on little scottie, yes coloured it in and loved it.xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful designs today your scenes are always amazing such talent So glad they are able to treat your Pneumonitis and I hope it gets sorted quickly for you. look after yourself sa=ending my love Carole x

Leanne Harris said...

Love these Brenda and particularly those beautiful water scenes I WANT TO BE THERE! I'm so pleased that they have identified what is wrong and could certainly understand the anxiety that the wait will have caused - lets hope they treat it successfully for you now, lots of love xxxx

pinky said...

Brenda your creations are just beautiful. An inky delight!! So glad to hear your scare has eased and they can treat you. Hopefully you'll be back to your old self again soon.
Hugs
pinky

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Such peaceful scenes and beautiful stamping.

crafty-stamper said...

Hope you get your breathing sorted soon and glad it's not as bad as you feared-we always think the worst don't we?
Love the beautiful peaceful scene you created and backed onto corrugated card--love the beautiful stamps on the other two cards too
Carol x

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous scenic cards Brenda and I love the butterfly image.
Sorry to read that you have another health problem, but at least it has been caught early and is treatable, which must be a relief for you.
Hugs, Avril xx

Pat said...

I love these beautiful scenes you have created Brenda they look so tranquil and I would love to be sat by the lake. So glad you had some good news at Papworth and that the problem is treatable. Have a good week.

Pat xx

ALI said...

More stunning cards Brenda, not had a very productive day today. I can never make a card to what's in my head....lol

Dora said...

What a fantastic creations. Wonderful!

Sarah said...

So pleased to hear that your diagnosis is treatable Brenda I can only imagine what must have been going through your mind. The water inspired cards are gorgeous. We are not blessed with many natural lakes around here but do have a rather picturesque reservoir that we visit from time to time. Love the pretty colours on your butterfly card xx

scrappymo! said...

You have such a talent with scenes, Brenda. These two are lovely. I like how you extended the scene on the first card!

Gerrina said...

Love the scenes; the first is my favorite that sunny-warm sky looks so great! And the butterflycard has such a great background; keep seeing new things in it...
Glad they think that they caught it early; must make it better too treat it; wish you luck and hope that it will go soon! Hugs, Gerrina

Berina RGA said...

I hope you feel better soon!! I'm so glad they caught it early. Such beautiful cards!!

Diane said...

Such wonderful creative cards as usual Brenda !! Hope your health soon improves sweetie. I had a CT scan last week and came out black and blue. Had a lot of trouble getting into a vein.

hugs Diane xx

Mrs A. said...

Another beauty Brenda. Thankyou so much for spending your precious time in coming and spinning the butterfly wheel,with me . I have no internet yet again so having to rely on a sim in my iPad in order to comment on everyone's makes. To top it all my cousins husband has died from a brain tumour. They did operate last Christmas and removed 95% which was the good news . The bad news being the 5% left was the nasty bit. He was due to retire shortly. Sometimes life just sucks.
Hugs Mrs A.

susiestacey said...

Beautiful cards, love the scenes they are so serene. x Susan x

Fikreta said...

your cards are so wonderful!
hugs

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

WOW, I love the Scenes, soooo beautiful!
Greetings Carola