Tuesday 3 October 2017

New sandals in Rhodes plus a glass or two in Mykonos



Good morning Peeps, still on scheduled posts and today we are in Rhodes in the Greek Isles before sailing overnight to Mykonos, we have fond memories of Rhodes and will be visiting Yan for new sandals...................he made some for us last visit and they have lasted forever.  So we are looking forward to another visit there and it's always nice to wander the streets in Mykanos with a coffee or two.........or even something stronger along the way as they produce some really decent wines.

It's my turn to share some more inspiration on the Chocolate Baroque DT blog using stamps which Lesley showcased on Hochanda recently. The shows were all about Autumn, Trees and Poppies so ticked all the right boxes for me as I love working with Autumnal colours and as those who know me can confirm Poppies are my favourite flower plus I am a self confessed 'Treeaholic'.

For the card at the top I used three panels of cardstock and stamped two with images from the Autumn Edges set colouring with DI's and on the the third panel used the same inks to add the words using the Seasonal Journey stencil.


The lovely Poppy from Pretty Poppies is the focal image on this card, stamped with Versafine Black onto a watery Burosho background, I mopped quite a lot of the colour away as I wanted a subtle finish and then coloured the flowers with sparkly pens, stamping the Butterfly a second time to decoupage. The corners are from Baroque Corners stamped in the same black and then I added a few leaves using Useful Leaves stencil and ties some red ribbon and added a Poppy button.


The same stencil as the top card has been used along with DI's to create the background for this card and the for the focal panel I created a Brusho background and stamped one of the tree from Fantasy Woodland adding a few stenciled leaves using the Seasonal Elements stencil.......I can't begin to tell you how useful these stencils are for building up interest and colour on your artwork.


This is another sample from last weeks shows on Hochanda, this time using one of the images from Butterfly Poppy Collage stamp set, it's an A4 stamp sheet and you get absolutely loads of beautiful images. The background is Distress Oxides, stamped with Versafine black and the colour added to the Poppy heads using the same Wilted Violet ink and Glossy Accents added, plus a little stamping down the left edge, again using the same ink and stamps from Nature's Peace and the same set as the main image.


I am tentatively adding this one as Lesley asked if she could use it as the basis of one of her demos, however I will be away on holiday when the shows are aired and this post goes live so it may or may not have featured. Using a circle as a mask I stamped a selection of flora and fauna from Nature's TableNature's Peace and Poppy Meadow, inking with Distress Markers direct to stamp and a spritz of water before each stamping. The horse chestnuts in the corners were stamped with DI and are also from Natures Table. After stamping I removed the mask and used the negative to stamp the focal sentiment, again from Poppy Meadow and added some shading around the circle.

And as I seem to have quite a number of pieces in my gallery which have not been blogged as yet I thought I would share a few of them in this and my following few posts.


A triptych design which was for the August shows featuring the beautiful Harlequin Bouquet stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with detail copper powder on to a Oxide ink background and some stenciling to carry the harlequin design.


This one features the lovely Summer Fayre stamped onto black cardstock using Versamark and detail white embossing powder, then coloured into metallic pencils, the colour is quite subtle but I rather like the soft finish.

Have a lovely day, I am hoping mine will be warm and sunny.

31 comments:

Wendy L said...

Wonderful cards Brenda. Xxx

Jane said...

Beautiful cards Brenda especially the flora and fauna one.Say hi Rhodes for me, our annual 2nd home in September and enjoy the rest of your trip xxx

Valerija said...

Stunning Brenda, love the colours as well as the stamps.
Valerija xx

Glennis F said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, some lovely designs there!

Marianne said...

Such a delightful set of cards, Brenda. i hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing time and that the wheather is not acting up too much. We've been having some cool weather here in the past few days, including a few rain showers, but the temperatures are suppose to go up again by the end of this week.
Marianne x

Gerrina said...

Wow what a treat! Love the colours of all, but those on the first are so special and appealling... And love what you did with the text in the circle! Hugs, Gerrina

Fikreta said...

those are gorgeous!
hugs

Tina Z. said...

wow, I hope you are having a wonderful time! and cards are amazing!
hugs xx

Dora said...

you are busy with making cards, I like all of them. So beautiful.

crafty-stamper said...

WOW all stunning cards Brenda-love them all
Carol x

Greta said...

What a variety of beautiful cards, Brenda! I adore the card made with the circle mask! I've done that technique, but it didn't turn out like yours! The tree image is amazing--love that one, too! How fun to get sandals made for you--enjoy the rest of your trip!

Unknown said...

Stunning cards, all of them are gorgeous. I especially love the wreath one with the lovely verse :) Enjoy the rest of your trip
Hugs Kaz xx

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Wow you always make such beautiful and vintage looking cards. I love how calm and "soft" they look and make you feel.

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have made lovely and beautiful cards Brenda
Gr Karin

Babs said...

All amazing Brenda hard to choose a favourite, hope you enjoying every minute.
Hugs Babs x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I have just seen all these beauties on CB blog and I admired any detail of them... Such stunning feel! I'm really amazed by your creations!!! LOVE them all!
Enjoy your travel! :)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a wonderful collection of cards Brenda, I love them all. Sounds like you are having a fabulous time.

Sue xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazing cards Brenda - you really are so versatile in your art - both in the finished look of your cards and the way you use so many materials. Love visiting you blog and learning from you
Blessings
Maxine

SusanLotus said...

Hi Brenda!
Fabulous cards! I think the first one is my favourite
even if the other one´s are very beautiful too.

Happy you being in Greece! We have sunshine today and even
if I love the Fall I want more sun. :)

See you!
Hugs Sussie.

ALI said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Brenda, all so different.
Never visited Mykonos as yet......

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

WOW, again such beautiful cards. I like everyone very much.
Hugs Carola

Leanne Harris said...

my goodness Brenda, you might be on holiday but I'm struggling to keep up with all your samples!!! You're on fire my friend!!! Stunning samples xxxx

SewPaperPaint said...

So much beauty in one post Brenda! I love the wreath design and the poppies with the harlequin. Stunning! Hugs, Autumn

Pat said...

A beautiful set of Autumn themed cards Brenda featuring some gorgeous images, I especially love that fabulous Poppy with the butterfly.

Pat xx

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Brenda!! I was going to pick a favorite, but I don't think I can pick just one!! all the cards are lovely.

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning cards!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Your vacation sounds lovely, Brenda. I have never been to that part of the world, except in my dreams - so grateful you can enjoy it, and share tidbits on your blog. Your cards are amazing, of course. The diversity of techniques and colors is just wonderful. I love each of your creations, and what they represent in Nature. Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful and inspiring.xxHave a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

Inkypinkydelights said...

These are fabulous Brenda. We love the Greek islands too. Happy weekend. Judy x

Linby said...

Gorgeous makes, but my absolute fav is the circle - wow!

Barb said...

All of your cards are so beautiful Brenda! Barbxx