Monday 30 October 2017

Fantasy Trees plus a Snippet and a Butterfly



Good morning Peeps, it's my turn to post over at the Chocolate Baroque Blog today and I have literally lifted the post to copy here to save time, as you will know from Saturday's post I'm not firing on all cylinders this last week and guilty of rather tardy blogging at the moment.

Above I have used Dylusions to create a background over which I stamped (second generation) one of the images from Indian Textiles as I wanted to create some subtle background interest, then stamping one of the trees from Fantasy Woodland with Versafine Black and colouring in with sparkle pens and adding white highlighter. The sentiment is again from Birthday Words. An d I am poppin g over to see Miss Di and Parsnip at the Snippets Playground with this one as I was frugal again and used one my my Fabriane snippets for the side panel.


I will be the first to admit I am not a particularly frugal crafter but I do save all the smaller pieces of Fabriano which I always seem left with after cutting square pieces from the A3 sheets as they are the perfect size for creating a triptych card. I inked all three pieces with Oxide inks and using Black Versafine stamped three trees from Fantasy Woodland and Tall Trees stamp sets and a sentiment from Birthday Words.


My starting point for this card with a Dylusions background and my usual spritz of pearl mica spray to blend the colours followed by stamping around the edges with Large Crackle Background.............such a useful stamp that we all need in our stash......... using Versamark and embossing with detail gold powder. I then stamped Poppy Meadow Words of Inspiration with Versafine black and bleached out the colour, but as I added the bleach I mopped each flower with a piece of kitchen towel so it left some of the colour to give a pinkish finish. I stamped the sentiment onto an offuct sprayed with the same Dylusions and added some ribbon to finish.


I am really still not sure about this one, it's all rather dark although did look better in the flesh. I stamped the main panel onto a piece of card coloured with Oxide inks using a stamp from Butterfly Daisy Collage and Butterfly Poppy Collage multi buy. I then used Versamark and detail clear embossinng powder to glaze the panel, giving it three coats of both. I stamped the flowers from the same multi buy onto card coloured with the same inks, cut out and covered them as well with embossing powder before layering up. I placed the panel inside a die cut frame and arranged the flowers and some ribbon.


And I wanted to join in with the new Butterfly Challenge which this time round certainly is a bit of a challenge as along with your Butterfly they would like it combined with something to represent the Zodiac and/or the colour Buttermilk. So I have opted for the easier colour option, a stencilled background with some black over stamping using an Inkylicous stamp, a Rare Earth sentiment and a TL Butterfy die. It's actually one I made for a TL Create and Craft show a while back but as I am not really up to crafting at the moment thought it a perfect time to share it.

I hope you have a lovely day.

38 comments:

Wendy L said...

A wonderful selection of your gorgeous cards Brenda, xxx

Glennis F said...

Great variety of cards Brenda, I think the butterfly is my favourite

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic collection of cards Brenda, I love them all especially the butterfly card at the bottom.

Sue xx

Gertrude said...

WOW,Schön gemacht, gefällt mir sehr gut
glg Gertrude

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Brenda, love them all Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Your butterfly arc is perfect and that is why I always give the colour option to use instead. I love the dreamy look of this card. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful your fantasy trees are, Brenda! A little white highlight in each of your fantasy fruits in the first creation really sets a glowing scene! Striking colors with the pink and black, and the CB background stamps look amazing. Love the purple-chartreuse colors in your 2nd fantasy creation with the combination of tree styles - they look great together! Gorgeous techniques in each card with so many different looks. You always have a way of combining beauty, nature, and art. We had an unexpected frost today! WOW! hugs, de

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Brenda! I love your bows! The butterfly card is lovely! I hope you feel better soon.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Brenda this is yet another amazing selection of beautiful creations, you are such an awesome person to be able to create something so pleasing to the eye even though your health is not good, once again I have to tell you how much I admire you and your strength
hugs
lorraine x

Fikreta said...

Wonderful cards.
Hugs

Marlies said...

Beautiful elegant cards Brenda. You allways come up with new designs but they allways have your "look" hugs, Marlies

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, love the colour combinations you've used in all the backgrounds. Wonderful inspiration as always.
Avril

ALI said...

Wow these are gorgeous, fab colour combos....

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, what a wonderful set of cards. You have been busy. Have a great week.

Fliss said...

Looks like you've been very busy Brenda and that's a wonderful array of beautiful cards. I especially love the pretty pink and green floral one as the slightly shabby chic style caught my eye.
Hope you're feeling a little better now.
Fliss xx

rachel said...

These cards are all absolutely beautiful Brenda - I adore what you have done! The very first one is my favourite but there are so many stunners there - you are such an amazingly talented lady! Big hugs my lovely! Rachel x

crafty-stamper said...

You have some beautiful stamps Brenda and make such fabulous backgrounds-really love the 4th one
Carol x

Kathleen said...

Should have known better, thought this post had only one card, spent ages trying to spot the butterfly on the first card, doh!
Fabulous collections of cards, some gorgeous images and designs.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my, any time I see your works I think they are the best, and then you make new works that are more beautiful!!! Your big talent always stunning me! :) LOVE all these cards, an amazing array!! My favorite are the first, the second and the third... so vibrant and sweet!
Hope you could feel well soon! Hugs

KandA said...

What a wonderful collection of cards Brenda, they are all beautiful but my favourite has to be the third and the last as I do love cards with inspiring sentiments. Hope you're beginning to feel a bit better xx

aussie aNNie said...

wow B, love these and gosh each post gets better and better, stunning, inspiring and just love them.xx [aNNie]

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely set of cards here Brenda, you are such a prolific crafter, I love looking at what you have created.
Lorraine

Gerrina said...

Wow what a treat! Love CB-stamps and the cards you made are all so beautiful! But...there is one that stands out for me...the first; great colours and the side-panel works so great! Hugs, Gerrina

Linby said...

wow - so much inspiration here. I particularly like the way you used the trees on the triptych layout - must pin that one. Love those colours on the first one.

Di said...

Brenda - what amazing work as ever! My fave IS the snippets card I must say - pink you see, does it for me every time! So sorry to hear you're not firing on all cyclinders. Knowing you it's worse than that - you're one little soldier for sure my friend!

Love

Di xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Your cards are always so artistic Brenda and creative! I am willing you to feel better soon. Judy x

Lindsey said...

The butterfly challenge is definitely a tricky one this time round! However your buttermilk coloured stencilled background and delicate butterfly die cut fit are truly lovely! X

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very beautiful cards Brenda, I enjoyed looking at them all. I hope your health is improving. Take good care of yourself, Shirley xx ps.. your views are stunning :)

Leanne Harris said...

My goodness me Brenda, ANOTHER beautiful collection so full of ink and inspiration. I'm glad I'm not on my own when making so many samples!!! Stunning colour combinations here, super to see Brenda xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Do hope you are starting to feel better Brenda - you really are having a rought time of it!!
Love your cards, particularly the butterfly one :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Sarah said...

Good gracious me Brenda these are wonderful, I am particularly taken with the lovely colours on the butterfly at the end. Hope you begin to pick up soon xx

Tracy Welham said...

Wow, these are aboslutely gorgeous, just beautiful! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Mia said...

Beautiful cards, Brenda. So artistic! My favourite is the second one! Kisses, my friend.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous collection of cards Brenda - I would never guess that you aren't firing on all cylinders and I hope things improve for you soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Sally H said...

Stunningly beautiful cards, Brenda! I love all of them! Love the bleached poppies - gorgeous effect!

aussie aNNie said...

Have a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

Greta said...

Lots of artistic, beautiful work here, Brenda! I really love the last card!

Barb said...

What a wonderful selection of cards. I think my favourite is the triptych because I love the colours. Barbxx