Monday 16 October 2017

More Autumn, a snippet and vertical harlequins !



Hello Peeps, my turn to post over at the Chocolate Baroque DT blog today sharing some more of my samples from Lesley's recent Autumn shows on Hochanda as well as some of my makes from yesterday's CAS post. 

So more indulgence in inky Autumn colours and Poppies and my starting point for the top card was a background of Mica powders spritzed with pearl mica spray to bleed the colours and add some sparkle. I then stamped the Poppy heads from the Poppy Meadow set along with some smaller ones from Natures Table and some grasses from the same set. Next I used a stencil and Distress Inks to add some sun rays, then stamped some more poppy heads across the top. The sentiment is from Natures Peace which is one one of the sets in the multi buy. I added colour to the Poppy heads using the same mica powders and highlighted with a white pen.


Scenes are something I really enjoy creating and for the above card I started with creating a cloudy sky using distress inks and bleaching out some clouds. I then stamped trees from the Autumn Edges and Tall Trees using Gathered Twigs DI and added leaves with DI's using just the top of one of the larger stamps in the same set. Using watered down DI I painted in some hills and stamped leaves along the top using another same stamp from the same set. The fauna in the foreground is stamped with an image from Silhouette Grasses and sentiment from Birthday Words.


On this one I tried to create warmth using DI's for the background and then added some stenciling. The focal images is from Fantasy Woodland. After cleaning the larger stamp I masked off a section so I could ink and stamp just the tiny trees alongside the small tree to the right. Inking just the tip of the flower stamp in the set I added a border around the piece and finally stamped a sentiment from Birthday Words.


Another Oxide background here with some stenciling, followed by some background stamping using the scrip stamps from Butterfly Poppy Collage and then the lovely harlequin and Poppy head stamp using Versafine Black. After stamping I cleaned the stamp, masked the Poppy heads and inked just the harlequins to extend the pattern. The two Butterflies are from the same set and coloured in with the same inks used for the background. 

The background colours have a damson hue to them and the vertical rows of harlequins will hopefully fit into the current Butterfly Challenge which is D for Damson and/or V for vertical along with the requisite Butterfly.

Thought I would also share a few of my CAS cards that were on the DT blog Sunday................





I am popping over to the Playground to see Miss Di and Parsnip with this one as I used a small offcut of Fabriano to stamp the trees, I buy A 3 sheets and it's pretty expensive stuff so I always hang on to small pieces that always seem to be left after I have cut larger sections.






I hope you all have a lovely day with some crafty time as well.

38 comments:

Glennis F said...

Brenda, what a beautiful variety of samples. I must get back to using my Oxides, they make such lovely bavkgrounds, as you have reminded me

Wendy L said...

Wonderful cards Brenda, never used oxides but they look great. Xxx

Wendy L said...

Wonderful cards Brenda, never used oxides but they look great. Xxx

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Beautifuo cards. Janny

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, Brenda you have been busy. Love these creations!!!

Liz said...

Wow, you HAVE been busy, Brenda! Your cards are wonderful. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, beautiful cards Brenda, they are all so lovely I can't make up my mind which one I like best.

Sue xx

Fliss said...

Wow! An amazing array of beautiful cards Brenda and you certainly have been creatively busy. My eye was totally taken by the stunning butterfly one, such gorgeous caolours and detail.
Fliss xx

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful cards Brenda. You have been very busy.
Blessings Elly.

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow Brenda, you have been busy! Stunning cards all of them, tanks so much for the inspiration! I actually own several of those stamps, it's wonderful to see them used so creatively!

Linby said...

wow! so much inkyness! All very different and fab in their own right but my personal fav is that group of three trees.

Fikreta said...

so many gorgeous cards!
love them all!
hugs

Mia said...

Beautiful cards, Brenda, amazing scenes! You are a great artist, my friend.

KandA said...

Hi Brenda, I've finally made it back to catch up with all your posts. First off 'happy belated anniversary' I hope it was a really great one. So many amazing cards as always.... such fabulous designs, beautiful colours and wonderful stamping. Take care xx

Words and Pictures said...

What gorgeous autumnal cards - I especially love the first one with the sun's rays hitting those fabulous haws and grasses. Love the CAS samples too - the rabbit is lovely, and the final one with those delicate trees and lovely words is beautiful.
Alison x

Ellibelle said...

These are all beautiful Brenda. I love your scenes and wish I could pull them off easily too. It takes me forever to accept one of the scenic cards I make, but your cards always inspire me to keep trying!
I have a few jars of mica powders from years ago, might have to see if I can use them for some backgrounds the way you used them on your first card!
The CAS cards all turned out so beautifully too!

Berina RGA said...

Wow! So many beautiful cards!! I love your scenery cards!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Always love your fabulous scenes!!! Great autumnal feel on all, and love so much the first one with these sunrays and the warm colours!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda!

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are all beautiful cards Brenda but the harlequin is gorgeous
Gr Karin

cuilliesocks said...

Such a selection of stunning cards Brenda, your designs and colours are fabulous, love each and every one of them, Kate x

ALI said...

Wow a fabulous selection of cards, all beautifully unique.

Kathleen said...

Good grief Brenda, what a fabulous collection, colours, images, design and sentiments all totally wonderful.

Kath x

Unknown said...

A gorgeous array of cards, they are all beautiful but especially the second one :)
Hugs Kaz xx

crafty-stamper said...

Brenda---what can I say but absolutely stunning selection-you make fabulous backgrounds and scenes and you have the most beautiful selection of stamps
Carol x x

Mrs A. said...

Yipes!! You have indeed been busy. All of these cards are special but of course the one for my butterfly challenge is very close to my heart. I love the detailing and the colours are perfect. Hugs Mrs A.

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Brenda - you are a real artist in your work, and I love visiting to see what you have created. My favourite card is the one with the strip of butterflies on the side and the large quote to the right.
Blessings
Maxine

Viv said...

You are amazing my friend.
I adore all these! xx

Di said...

GOB smacked here - and I wouldn't usually use an expression like that. WHAT a post B. LOVE your snippets entry but can't get over the wonderful scenes and your gentle touch. /wonderful stuff and also delighted you linked in but need to say you truly don't know just how good you are my friend!

Lovely to see you in the Playground as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

So many beautiful cards Brenda, love them all such a variety of different themes.

Pat xx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow, so viele schöne Karten wieder. Gefallen mir alle sehr.
LG Carola

Leanne Harris said...

Jeepers Brenda, how you keep churning these beautiful cards out is beyond me!!! Each one so different and so inky! I find myself drawn to the ones with trees - maybe that's because of the time of year, the tree stamps are gorgeous. A super collection here Brenda, I so admire how you get it all done! xxx

Gerrina said...

Wow Brenda you must be stamping all day! What a great treat this post packed with beauties!
No surprise that the scene is my favorite I think, but djee what a lot other beautiful ones! Hugs, Gerrina

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

My goodness, what a stunning set of cards. You really have shown these Chocolate Baroque stamps off at their most beautiful, you’ve done them proud Brenda. I love them all! Crafty hugs, Sandra x x

Darnell said...

Golly, Brenda, you are like your own little Pinterest dot com right here on your blog! Thank you for the loads and loads of utterly gorgeous design ideas!! Hugs, Darnell

Barb said...

My goodness Brenda you were a busy bee. A stunning collection of cards and a lovely variety of styles. Barbxx

Rika said...

Stunning set of cards!

Greta said...

So many beautiful cards, Brenda! I absolutely love the sentiment on the second card & your Playground card is fabulous!