Hello Peeps, my turn to post over at the Chocolate Baroque DT blog today sharing some more of my samples from Lesley's recent Autumn shows on Hochanda as well as some of my makes from yesterday's CAS post.
So more indulgence in inky Autumn colours and Poppies and my starting point for the top card was a background of Mica powders spritzed with pearl mica spray to bleed the colours and add some sparkle. I then stamped the Poppy heads from the Poppy Meadow set along with some smaller ones from Natures Table and some grasses from the same set. Next I used a stencil and Distress Inks to add some sun rays, then stamped some more poppy heads across the top. The sentiment is from Natures Peace which is one one of the sets in the multi buy. I added colour to the Poppy heads using the same mica powders and highlighted with a white pen.
Scenes are something I really enjoy creating and for the above card I started with creating a cloudy sky using distress inks and bleaching out some clouds. I then stamped trees from the Autumn Edges and Tall Trees using Gathered Twigs DI and added leaves with DI's using just the top of one of the larger stamps in the same set. Using watered down DI I painted in some hills and stamped leaves along the top using another same stamp from the same set. The fauna in the foreground is stamped with an image from Silhouette Grasses and sentiment from Birthday Words.
On this one I tried to create warmth using DI's for the background and then added some stenciling. The focal images is from Fantasy Woodland. After cleaning the larger stamp I masked off a section so I could ink and stamp just the tiny trees alongside the small tree to the right. Inking just the tip of the flower stamp in the set I added a border around the piece and finally stamped a sentiment from Birthday Words.
Another Oxide background here with some stenciling, followed by some background stamping using the scrip stamps from Butterfly Poppy Collage and then the lovely harlequin and Poppy head stamp using Versafine Black. After stamping I cleaned the stamp, masked the Poppy heads and inked just the harlequins to extend the pattern. The two Butterflies are from the same set and coloured in with the same inks used for the background.
The background colours have a damson hue to them and the vertical rows of harlequins will hopefully fit into the current Butterfly Challenge which is D for Damson and/or V for vertical along with the requisite Butterfly.
Thought I would also share a few of my CAS cards that were on the DT blog Sunday................
I am popping over to the Playground to see Miss Di and Parsnip with this one as I used a small offcut of Fabriano to stamp the trees, I buy A 3 sheets and it's pretty expensive stuff so I always hang on to small pieces that always seem to be left after I have cut larger sections.
I hope you all have a lovely day with some crafty time as well.